Sign in to follow this  

03-04 pipe work on 01-02?

Just wondering.... cant find it in the search, probably because im not using the right search words :cry:

Anyway, will a full exhaust from a 03-04 work on a 01-02 YZ250F?

Thanks in advance,

I just bought a new Pro Circuit T4 system from my LBS. and when I got it home, I realized it was for an 03 YZ250F...mine is an 02. I called PC and the tech said it would not fit, that I should return it and buy an 02 system. Sooo....I tried it anyway, and it bolted right up in less than 10 minutes and NO forcing!! So, don't know if this answers your question about the stock system, but as far as aftermarket it will work.......

I bought an 03 FMF Ti-4 for my 02. Tech guy at FMF said it would not work. It took me a whole 15 min. to get it on. All I had to do was elongate (feel like a woman saying that) the mid pipe mounting hole about 1/32 and it went right on. I'm not sure about these "tech guys?" I'm wondering where I should apply!!!

I tried to put a stock 03 pipe on my dad's 01 and it would NOT fit. :cry:

You could weld another bracket for the midpipe bolt i suppose and that would work. :cry:

i took a quick look in all of my off road catalogs... some companies have a different part # for 01-02 and 03-04, other companies list them as 01-04 all with one part number, while other companies list them seperate but when you look the part #'s are actually the same for both :cry: