Sign in to follow this  

Not good--

I have to have surgery sometime next month to remove broken cartilage from my ankle joint. I was shot last August, and resulting from that my cartilage has broken apart and fallen into my joint. The doctor said she wants to get it out of there before it hardens. Im gonna be down for awhile, so I wont be riding until who knows when. Just thought Id share it with my motorcycle brethren. Keep on ridin'.

Ouch. Sounds like something that needs to be done. Better to nip it in the bud, than to have to cut down a tree later.

yeah that happened to me last time I was shot.....&%$#@! how did you get shot!?!

Hey man keep your head up, you'll be riding in no time. I have had 3 surgeries to remove cartilage and to clean-up arthritis type crap in my ankle. Of course I haven't been shot or anything, just years of basketball but still really bad ankles. Anyway, I haven't been able to play basketball for a couple of months following each surgery but I have been able to ride almost right away after being cut. Gotta love moto boots because they are great at stabilizing your ankle. Good luck!

Im having an orthopedic surgeon do my surgery, shes the same surgeon that did my surgery when I was shot. As for how I was shot, my sisters ex-boyfriend and I were target shooting last August. His gun kept jamming on him, and we were setting side by side about 10 yards apart. His gun jammed, and he started to look at the ejection chamber and unknowingly pointed the gun in my direction. As he ejected the jammed shell, the primer on the bullet was hit and the gun went off hitting me square on the ankle. It was a 22 magnum, and the bullet totally shattered my ankle bone. I had to have reconstructive surgery, and now there is a big screw holding all the bone together. I damn near bled to death before I got to the hospital, because we were way back in the woods at my camp and the nearest hospital was 40 minutes away. Thats how I got shot, and like I said, its screwed up again so they have to go in and clean it all out of the joint. The doctor told me the bullet was less than 1 1/2 mm from hitting my main artery, and if it had I would have definitely died out in the woods. Im lucky Im still here to need this surgery done, so I aint complainin. Thanks for the kind words. Keep on ridin'. :cry: :cry:

dam dude, i feel sorry for u cuz if i couldnt ride for a few months id probably start doing drugs, lol. since u cant ride, what are u gonna do in your spare time? RC cars/planes seem to be a popular past time for downed riders, it looks like fun too. :cry: