Sign in to follow this  

OFf-Road tire pressure.

This is for you KLR killers out there. General consensus. What off- road F/R tire pressure are you running? Just a number will do fine.

Thanks all. :cry:

17 to 20 front and rear. I think the manual calls out 15. 1 Pinch flat and I do not want to take the risk. The tires seem to always loose pressure over time.

OK. I replied to your other thread, but here goes. High speed Desert. Rocky technical trails. Loose sand.

9-11 rear. 10-12 front. I use Maxxis IT's which have a pretty sturdy carcass and a HD tube up front and an Ultra HD tube in back. Never had a flat and I hit lots of rocky stuff like ledges and loose rock at speed. I do try to keep the front end light though...

Low speed trail riding with some higher speed fire roading 10 psi front and rear - year round. Without suspension improvements I ran low pressures in the winter and higher pressures of 10-12 in the dry weather. Lots of rock and mud conditions. Using a 773 Dunlop in the front or M-12 Michelin, sloppy rides I use a winterstud tire. The back tire of choice this year is the X-11 Michelin trials tire.

Great handling and agility on the technical trails I ride.

For me it depends on the terrain. I like lower pressure than recommended on soft terrain, sand, moon dust, and even slower trail riding, etc but preferr to run the recommened to a bit higher for rocky terrain where this is a chance of a pinch. I do find the lower pressure handles better in the turns and a higher pressue will wash the front out in the soft stuff.

wldrdr