Sign in to follow this  

Looking at '02 YZF 250...opinions on bike... (pictures added)

Here is the add from http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_php/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=classified_dirtbike_forsale&Number=206405&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Hate to do it but its got to go. Pictures coming soon.

Last 02 sold by NTX Yamaha. I'm the second owner. A buddy of mine bought it and decided dirtbikes weren't for him after a few rides so I picked it up from him. I ride 50/50 MX and trails but am not a racer. Maintenance was performed religously and it shows. Bike was disassembled and greased before first ride. Mobil 1 red cap after break-in on Yamalube and changed after every ride, oil filter changed every other ride, clean air filter after each ride, valve clearances checked routinely and have yet to need adjustment, the bike really hasn't been ridden that much and certainly not hard. Radiators are straight, bike still has all original plastic with warning stickers intact. New items this summer include M12 rear tire, Moose gold chain, sprockets, front/rear brake pads, and fork seals/oil. Todd at SLM in Arlington did some work on the fork midvalve and it made a huge improvement in choppy sections. Has aluminum skid plate and Moose oversized bars but I have two pairs of Renthal oversized I could swap out if either of those bends would be more suitable.

$2900-PM me or post here-I'm in Lewisville

The guy e-mailed me some pictures of the bike, and it looks super clean for an 02.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Looks like its in awesome shape Man. Thats what mine looked like when I got it, in fact it still looks like that. Ive ridden a couple 03's and have to say you can tell a difference with the new tank/plastics but I can live without it even with me doing MX, I'm holding out for the 06's. Its a rock solid bike, Ive never had any problems with mine.

The links to the pics arent working for me, but no big deal. The YZ250F is a killer bike. I've had my 03 for nearly 2 years and have had no problems at all w/it. The valves are still in spec too, and it's ridden an average of twice a week :cry:

Maintaining it is important as I'm sure you've found. My maint. schedule is pretty simple; i change the oil every couple rides as well as the air filter. I use a Scotts filter, so i just clean it out w/carb cleaner and reinstall it. Its a lot less expensive than a new paper filter every time. I use Shell Rotella synthetic 5w40 from wal-mart, 12 bucks a gallon. I clean the bike, or at a minimum the chain, and lube the chain after every ride.

If you aren't busy this weekend, come out to the races at Cross Creek on Sunday... stop by and say hi, look for a white GMC truck and 2 YZ250F's #82 and #455 (both black number plates/white numbers).

Good luck! :cry:

I was thinking that I might hold out for an 03, as I think the prices should drop once 05 hits us, right? The auto decompression cam everyone seems to like quite a bit.

I bought my 02 YZ-250-F before the dealer even had one. I have never had a problem with it. If you learn how to start it and you understand decompression then I would not sit around and wait for the 03.