Sign in to follow this  

IS THERE ANY GOOD TRAILS IN RI, OR IN MASS.?(LEGAL)

I have been looking and looking, and i have not really found anything. My dad and I will drive into other states to go riding but not too far. I ride powerlines in Northern Rhode Island and i want something else, the powerlines are really rocky, the quads tear it up bad, I am looking for nice grassy, haard packed dirt, with some difficulty, but i cannot put up with the powerlines any longer. I NEED A PLACE TO RIDE! I feel like all the places are being taken over, and i wont mind getting registered, i just wanna ride!

As far as RI goes, I think you might be screwed. The powerlines in Smithfield, Warwick and Johnston. There is also a place in West Greenwich off 95South; I'm not too sure on the location.

I think you could also try Pauchaug State Park in Conn. It's like 5 min from the RI border in Exeter; you need to register with the Conn DMV though. In Mass., if you register, you can ride in some of the state parks. The closest to RI is like 1.5 hrs, if I remember correctly. Hope this helps...

what are some good places in mass. I dont care if i have to get a plate or anything, i just want to ride.

i already went to that site, me and my dad might check out one of them, but, which one would you recomend?

I have been looking and looking again, and i found some trail riding associations, but i dont know which one.Does anybody know a real good trail riding association in southern mass. or Rhode Island? 😢

Has anyone given Georgetown/Rowley State Park a try? Seems small trail wise but not bad location for a quick jaunt in the Northshore area.

Just outta curiousity.....you wouldn't happen to be a trackday junkie who formerly owned a silver SV650?

Then you do know who you are talking to right? Ryan.....NESR! Had a feeling I'd hear from one of the NESR guys on this forum.

Bike is running...but with stock setup it is ultra lean. Still have to uncork it and get some Northeast necessities...bark busters, skid plate etc. I was thinking of doing the ride sunday that they have planned up around Jay's place. I am just not comfortable with the fast idle down low. Idle hangs really bad. I may screw around with the mixture screw to try an richen it up. I have had to pop start it to keep from banging it into gear with the idle revving. Just waiting on a uncork kit from Baja Designs. I'll probably ride all winter but limit it to the ice when the deep freeze hits. You riding on sunday?

Western Mass has some really nice state forests. I recommend October Mountain and Savoy Mountain forests. Tons of open, hard packed dirt roads (and many trails too). I think they even groom the roads in Savoy. You need to be registers though.