Sign in to follow this  

Another dirt bike Decison.

This has been driving me crazy. I fit on the CRF230, CR85Expert, or that TTR230 or whatever. Do mostly trail riding & now sorta of getting into MX since I have been to Jackfrost. Any High & low points of the bikes such as power or how the CR85 would handle on the trails even though its meant for MX/ :cry:

Sorry for all these nonesense questions.

Thanks.

Dude, make us all jealous and get all three!

That's the only way you're going to satisfy all your dirt biker dreams.

:cry:

A CR85 will handle fine on trails. There lots of them on the trails i ride at which are pretty hard trails. Lots of hill climps and sigle track trails with ton of twisty turns. If you have the chance of a CR85 go for it.

TTR-230..... thats a no go

CR85 Expert.... freinds has it and its ok if your a 2-smoke person

CRF230...... freind has it and loves it..... great bike :cry:

Hey again..i had the 230 and eventually wanted more power and better suspension so i got my 250r. If your starting to get into MX now then DEFINATLEY get the 85expert. The 230 is almost insufficient when it comes to mx. The suspension is way to soft and the power just doesnt cut it.

I would look into a rm85 big wheel, it has tons more bottom than a cr85 and easier to ride, especially on trails.

Sounds like I'm against everyone.

I'm thinking he CR85 would be a terrible trail bike. My favorite bike, growing up was an RM125. I stuck with a few of them for a while.

When I got the CRF150, I saw a hill and thought, "I'm going to try that really slow thumper climbing technique. I cruised up to it in second and putted up a sandy Hollister hill. What a blast!!!

I, however, realized something. If I had tried that on my RM125, I would have worked my butt off trying to make it. On a 125cc or smaller 2-strokes, it's all about screaming the rpm's up the hill and fanning the clutch.

The back end is swinging side to side and it looks like a volcano just went off with all the dirt you are roasting. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it's a lot of work. I'm sure a CR85 would be the same thing.

If MX is your deal though, well, it would be years better, but just keep this in mind.

Amen... 4 strokes are great climbers... I have many people look at my group and our mini's and say "you got those little bikes up these hills?" Their jaws are always on the ground...

We have three xr100's an xr120 and a CRF 150

My 14 year old made it up Psych Hill at Hollister last week.. on his XR100!

A couple hundred foot of nasty.. roots, sand, rocks, 90° turn in

the middle section right after you hafta go around a tree...

I made it halfway up on my 230.. but I suck cuz I'm too old

and get worn out to quickly.