Sign in to follow this  

yz250f

Hi, I’m new to this site and I would like to get some opinions on a 2002 YZ250F. I realize that this is a “four stroke” site but I’m stuck between an YZ25F and an YZ125 two stroke. Why might I want over the other? Both 2002. Thanks, Vez

Give us some background on how old you are. How big. What type of riding you do. How well do you ride, etc. That info could make a difference in what we post back.

Give us some background on how old you are. How big. What type of riding you do. How well do you ride, etc. That info could make a difference in what we post back.

I'm 44 years old I've riddin several 2 strokes RM125 KTM 125 but I never owned a dirtbike. I currently have a 400 EX. I ride pretty agressive with some jumping.I like the power of the 2 stroke but everybody is telling me that 4 is the way to go ????

I'm 44 years old I've riddin several 2 strokes RM125 KTM 125 but I never owned a dirtbike. I currently have a 400 EX. I ride pretty agressive with some jumping.I like the power of the 2 stroke but everybody is telling me that 4 is the way to go ????

The 4-Stroke is the wave of the future no doubt, but two-strokes are also alot of fun. I guess coming onto a four-stroke forum though your going to get opinions that are a little biased. Get what you want! :cry:

I learned to ride on a YZ125 and then made the switch to a 2002 YZ250F. I have WAY more fun on the 250F and feel I can get through the trails and around a track much faster. The extra torque of the 4-stroke is tremendous. Watch the starting gate at a pro National 125cc class race. The majority of the bikes are 250F's.