Sign in to follow this  

2004 Pipeing Systems CRF450

hey guys, got my bike..looking for an aftermarket pipe, i want something maybe a little louder...will a different Silencer make a big difference for noise? thinking about a BIG Gun Race Series or FMF PowerCore 4...what you do guys reccomend...i heard something about Pro Circuit?? i duno. thanks again

Uh, JEMCO, ahem. . . . :cry:

I am getting one too...a Jemco that is...

Man I fubared....did you see my post about the Jemco lowboys being read in about 2 weeks....? I got mixed up on your Hawaii boys.... :cry:

please post up links where i can get this...thank you

call john at jemco. 713-461-3834. tell him that you talked to david from san antonio and want the same system he is making for my bike...ie the new lowboy header setup. better exhaust than any of those you listed and half the price. and louder too! :cry: :cry:

keith you want some silent power CHM SM1 and i can fix you up the same pipe that beat the fastest 450s and 500s in the world Ron

lowboy header setup hmm...i looked all this stuff up online and coulndt find one thing...is it the header and a silencer too?....Price anyone? Picture?

:cry:

do a search for jemco here on TT, and you'll find some pics. the lowboy jemco is still in developement, so there's not pictures of it yet. it won't be long until its available though. :cry:

They say the Jemco is loud. Havn't heard one myself but have read the threads.

Find a good used FMF or Yosh and you can't go wrong. If you are looking for more power there are other things to do such as porting and pistons. The FMF slip-on is fairly inexpensive and your track will like the noise factor better.

Nothing cooler than a loud 450, nothing more obnoxious than an overly loud 450

He said he wanted a LOUD PIPE; he didn't anything about "the best pipe".

While people try close down tracks and riding areas and using noise as the weapon against us, there are still people out there that just don't get it. Very sad. :cry:

They say the Jemco is loud. Havn't heard one myself but have read the threads.

Find a good used FMF or Yosh and you can't go wrong. If you are looking for more power there are other things to do such as porting and pistons. The FMF slip-on is fairly inexpensive and your track will like the noise factor better.

Nothing cooler than a loud 450, nothing more obnoxious than an overly loud 450

I understand about the noise issue, but so far in Texas, noise is not an issue at the tracks around here. Now if I go to a forest riding area, yes, I will run something quieter. What burns me is the street bike riders (usually a Harley), red neck pickup drivers, and wanna-be rice burners with coffee can mufflers that blast around town all hours of day and night, rattling my windows and scaring the neighbors...nobody bitches about those guys...

The Jemco, while not the quietest pipe, is not the loudest either (but it is fairly loud). BUT it performs VERY well, better than the Yosh or White Bros, or FMF. And you can get the entire system, header and all, for less than $300.

keith you want some silent power CHM SM1 and i can fix you up the same pipe that beat the fastest 450s and 500s in the world Ron

The SM1 is pretty dang loud

C'mon Kieth, I know your in love with the reverse megaphone pipes and thier high peak HP numbers...great for flat track and supermoto, maybe pretty good for MX too if you're a revver. But to say the WB pipe does very little, that's just not true. When I had to take mine off to get the head pipe flange repaired (a brand new head pipe just arrived today) and I put the stock pipe back on, I went up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket and it still felt like it was dead on the bottom and went flat on top. The WB pipe kicks ass on the track. I've ridden several others, the only other one comparable is the Dr. D, the Pro-Circuit is close too. The rest felt like slightly improved stockers.

That being said they are expensive (though very trick and light) and not that durable. If was was buying another pipe today I would get the Dr. D. I think they can be had for around $380 if you look around, which is pretty cheap for a full system.

OK, let me rephrase :cry:...I guess I am a little hard on that particular pipe, mainly because it costs sooooo much...yikes! My wife would kill me if I spent that much on a pipe alone...

I am sure the White Bros. carbon pro adds some "meat" to the powerband, but my TA did that down low big time as well. I rode both the TA and the megaphone at a track one day, I really did prefer the wider, broader, and higher revving power of the megaphone. Now on an SX track I think I might change my mind :cry:

I already had the TA and would have just kept it and not bought another pipe had I thought it wasn't any better...how about you let me spin your White Bros. around one day when I get back to riding...that way I can make a fair comparison hehe.

But I am still putting a Jemco (most likely) on my bike..for the money and the broad power, not to mention with my modded engine it NEEDS a pipe that can breathe from the upper mid on up...since my ST/Yosh is dead busted from that crash Tim took on my bike...

:cry:

the jemco and st/yosh are not just peak hp pipes. compare the wb and the jemco on the same dyno and you will see that the main difference is when the wb signs off after peak hp, the jemco just keeps on climbing. the tq curve of the wb may be steeper before 4-5k but not by much.