Sign in to follow this  

will a 05 450exc suspension handle mx track well

just got back into riding riding after 20 years off bought a 03 yz450f because i got a great deal on it, ride mostly mx tracks because they are close to the house but a couple of buddies trail ride and the yz is to much work on the tight and slow stuff, i don't even enjoy riding it at all in the tight stuff, i know one bike can't do everything but the wife will raise hell if i buy another one for the trails, i don't race but do want a bike that i can jump at the mx track and have some fun will the 450 exc suspension handle this ok?

In a word YES, if you are not racing. If you go to the local MX track and it features natural terrain with some whoops, I believe you are fine. I put about 10 hard motos in on a '04 450 MXC (same suspension) at Washougal and had a blast. It was soft but not dangerous. I believe, if you spring the bike for your weight and crank the compresion up (at the track) the bike will be a blast. If you start to jump aggressive on a supercross like track, you'll get hurt. If you float the tables and catch backside you'll have a great time. I had a '01 520Exc which was my everything bike and I mean everything from Washougal to open desert, to a 100 mile off road snot fest in the Tillamook forest here in Oregon.

I had a '01 520Exc which was my everything bike and I mean everything from Washougal to open desert, to a 100 mile off road snot fest in the Tillamook forest here in Oregon.

I'm from Portland (these days) and I ride the Tillamook Forest. What run was the 100 miler?

I was riding at a track w my 450exc w/ stock suspension on the double id I jumped perfect i was fine but if you overjumped the fork makes bad noises is was also not enough to double the six packs