Sign in to follow this  

Which bike should I get for my size and needs?

I am 14 years old and 125 pounds. I want a bike that is fun, fast and can be jumped and wheelied. Can a CRF 150 be jumped good at all, or should I just go for a 2-stroke 80 to 100. I have heard that the weight and suspension of the 150s just can't take it :cry:. What should I do?

You definitely need an XR50. Those rips!

5 foot 5 and i have only ridden mini bikes for less than a year.

My son is 13 riding a CRF150F now. He quickly outgrew the capabilities of the 150. He's looking for a 125 2-smoke or 250 4-stroke. If you already know how to ride and you've got a good head on your shoulders, I wouldn't get anything smaller. Don't let the size intimidate you, you'll grow quick.

Find yourself a nice CR 500 or KX 500. There's a bike you will never outgrow!! Just Kidding, I would look at an XR250 if it was me. Good bullet proof bike that you can grow with, is forgiving and when you want to jump up to a high compression bike like a YZ or WR you will have a sweet back up rig for your buddies to ride.

If you think 2-smoke is more your deal the new YZ 125 is supposed to be a great ride as well. :cry:

:cry:. It,s really not wrong!!!. If you can handle a open class 2 stroke then, (in my opinion??), everything else will be easy!!. :cry:

I'm thinking a 125 smoke for my son because it would be lighter than a 4 stroke 250 which would be a little easier to muscle around. Also a used 2 smoke is about a 1 to 2 thousand cheaper.

Yeah, i'm just worried that it will have to much power! I might be thinking about a KX 100 for me :cry:. Seems like the perfect size and should jump exceptionally well.

5 foot 5 and i have only ridden mini bikes for less than a year.

Welcome to TT! 5'5" is still a little short for the CRF/YZF250F 4-stroke 125 class bikes --maybe in a couple of years. I'd recommend a 2-stoke 85cc bike, like my son's KX-85 or his friend's YZ-85. Sheesh, these 85cc 2-stroke bikes are big enough for me to sit on comfortably, and they are really great bikes in the suspension and power categories. They have great peak power, but they are big enough in displacement that they have some useable power in the lower RPMs that they can be used as beginner bikes.

Heck, where were these things when I was 10-14 years old? :cry:

Can you find a place that rents the different sizes and rent some until you find the one that fits you. :cry:

Easy on that "enter" button! :cry:

lol! Yeah, I remember the first time I drank redbull... :cry:

id say a 125 2 smoke. the kx 100 might get a little small for you, seeing that youre about the perfect size for 1 now. go with a 125, live a little and lower it. set the sag for you and get a new linkage to lower it a little. then, when you get tall enough, you can put the stock linkage back on and it will be a full sized bike that you wont outgrow for a while...

can you even outgrow a 125 bike?? if its around the same height as all of the other bikes :37 inches spprox., what else do you go to? unless you need more power, it seems stupid to say you outgrew a 125 class bike