Sign in to follow this  

Go Kart guys...check this s$#t out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.usainternationalraceway.com/arialphoto.asp Over a mile long!! 30 feet wide!! Longest WKA raceway in the country!! And best of all, it's a f__kin hour from my house!! My flattrack days are numbered. I have always had a love for karts, even raced clay oval stuff locally, but with the nearest road course 2.5 hours away, I never could justify the drive. Well, I can justify an hour. I will probably start out with a HPV motor class, with a shifter kart in the future(year or two). Needless to say, I am PUMPED :cry:

Yeah, after my big crash, I went to karts. Monday I ripped off 87 laps. Still soar as I write. I went with the Parilla Leopard. It's a TaG, touch and go motor. It hauls, needs little maintenance, and screams at 16,000rpms. Tires are a bit pricy, at $165 a pop for four. I can change all four in 30 minutes though. Get the MyChron Gold Plus lap timer its so worth it.

But it's no where near as good as my CRF450. I loved that bike. Even Ricky Carmichael loved it so much, that when Honda said he couldn't ride yellow like mine he switched to Suzuki.

Dude... just get a 125cc shifter. You now how to run an engine - you'll be fine. They say that guys that come from bikes to karts typically do very well. The only downside is that a competetive 125 shifter is ~ $10k. The upside to the downside is that they simply haul arse.

That's a sweet looking facility.

Other than the money(which is playing a part with a new baby coming, #2), there is a lot of moto vs. icc stuff going on that I don't want to deal wit right now. I would love that TaG motor, but that class isn't that big, compared to the HPV class(the biggest of the day=fun). We'll see, I haven't bought a kart yet, but I think it will be a HPV or TaG.

Well the nice thing about the spec classes is that the karts are tons cheaper and it's all driver. The downside to spec classes and their low entry cost is that everyone and their cousin can get one and show up at the track ready to drive right into you. The faster classes (specifically shifters) have much better drivers.

None of my kids birthings cost more than the differential between a built shifter and the spec karts - so you'll certainly save some coin there.

whats wrong with a used kart? not everything has to be new :cry:

whats wrong with a used kart? not everything has to be new :cry:

Absolutely nothing. You can save thousands by doing it that way.