Sign in to follow this  

Adjusting Clock On S

I just picked up my S today and am learning the finer details. My understanding is the clock is 24 hour format only. I work in a hospital where we use 24 hour format so I'm cool with it.

I always ride in the afternoon, so i set the clock the other way around from what it should be. That way it displays like 12 hour time in the afternoon.

It's 24-hour format only. I did the same thing anathema did.

Easy trick I learned from being a military brat. Subtract

12 from whatever it says for standard time. 22:25 - 12 = 10:25

Of course it reads normal until 13:00 anyway.

Military time is easy to read with very little practice. Just hang with it.

Military time is easy to read with very little practice. Just hang with it.

Yes, it is easy to get used to. But you shouldn't have to. The fact that the stock clock is military time only is stupid if you ask me. Considering its just software, it would've been free for Suzuki to give us the option of AM/PM versus military time. It's not like adding another button to the stock speedo would make it any less intuitive :cry: They really need to fix that for the Drz replacement. Oh yeah, that and another gear. :cry:

Am I stuck with the 24 hr. format, or is 12 an option. I have dug through the manual and found nothing.

Thanks,

HH

Clock? Manual? :cry:

Just subtract 2 and use the second number for your hour after 12:00 and you get the time ie 13:00 is 1pm, 15:00 is 3 pm, 19:00 is 7pm, 21:00 is 9pm etc, pretty simple, quick and easy. :cry:

I have a chuckle every time this gets brought up. 24Hr clock

is pretty much standard now in the UK, it would annoy me if it only used 1-12 hrs.

I still wonder how you guys cope with train times etc... :cry:

Train times? See that's the trouble right there. We don't HAVE trains to take us anywhere. We all jump in our 8000lb. SUV's and sit for 3 hours in traffic to go 45 miles. At least that's how we do it in Los Angeles!