Sign in to follow this  

YESSSS!! Tickled pink with my new DRZ400S...

:cry:

Just finished my first ride on my new bike. It's even better than I expected. Got a good deal today on a new, leftover 2003 400S. What a difference between the DRZ and my SV1000S - diversity is good after all.

Now it's time to start planning the mods. Opinions requested - what are the first three mods you recommend to enhance the bike's dirt worthiness? :cry:

first of all if you got a yellow one , you'll need to swap out all the plastic because the blue DRZ S is faster.. :cry:

seriously top 3 first mods to do:

1.)Tires

2.)CFC case guards

3.)Handguards

first of all if you got a yellow one , you'll need to swap out all the plastic because the blue DRZ S is faster..

i second that!! :cry:

Blue was my preference, but I couldn't pass up the deal on the <font color="yellow">yellow.

Guess "slow yellow" is better for an old guy like me anyway - the older I get, the faster I was.

I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, soaking up all the info I could. Actually all that I read here led me to decide on the 400S. This site is indeed a wealth of info!

first of all if you got a yellow one , you'll need to swap out all the plastic because the blue DRZ S is faster.. :cry:

seriously top 3 first mods to do:

1.)Tires

2.)CFC case guards

3.)Handguards

The yellow has more torque and a smother power band. :cry:

first of all if you got a yellow one , you'll need to swap out all the plastic because the blue DRZ S is faster..

i second that!! :cry:

I third that :cry:

i second that!! :lol:

I third that :cry: [/quote

Forgive them for they don't know what they're doing :cry::cry: :cry:. Yellow is true blue Suzuki (pardon the pun :cry:) Welcome to the board fellow YELLOW :lol:

Yeah those blue riders...all traitors to true suzuki yellow.

Go drive a yamaha! :cry: :cry: :cry:

All kiddin guys, your bikes should all be black anyways :cry::cry:

Congrats on the new bike!

My first three mods would be:

1)tires

2)guards - case, hand, skidplate

3)Dynojet kit with 3x3 airbox mod

If you can afford a Yosh exhaust I would do that too!

Enjoy :cry:

next 3 mods:

aftermarket bars and bar risers if you're tall.

wider pegs

UFO tailight

plastic gas tank

a cycle gear credit card helps too. :cry:

big dr riser bars are a must! :cry: Also do the hole saw trick in the pipe to make it sound like a thumper should. :cry:

Congrats and welcome to the club :cry: I'd have to disagree slightly with bigbob :cry: Here's my list of the top three (with a forth thrown in to save you money)

1.MCCT

2.Tires

3.CFC case guards

4.Hand guards

B L A C K :cry:

Oh yeah, go blue. It's faster, chicks dig it AND you'll stand out from the crowd!

Thanks folks for the enthusiastic replies. Looks like tires and protection are the primary mods needed for the DRZ. I checked out the Rocky Mountain link and looks like one-stop shopping there. Are there others who would recommend this vendor? Are radiator guards a high priority, or does the plastic offer enough protection?

I'm planning on doing my own tire changing. Which tire irons are recommended? What about rim locks?

rockymountain has been good to me, but try the TT store here first.

They should be able to get you anything as they have deals with the big

distributors now. Call them if you cant find it online.

I have the motion pro 16" irons, they have a nice hook & good leverage.

I would get radiator guards eventualy. I have not taken a hard

hit to them yet, but Im sure the insurance of being able to

make it home or back to the truck is worth it.

www.unabiker.com - best radiator guards, made by a fellow TT DRZ owner. :cry: :cry:

Yes Yes the color.... The only bike avaliable in like 5 colors. :cry:

Yellow

Black

White

Blue

Green

But mine is Black and Blue and we all know that those colors do the biggest wheelies. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Blue grips could be your first easiest mod. for the speed and torque issue :cry: :cry: I am new to and this whole group is :cry: :cry: go with the cfc guards the full yosh and jet then good dunlop 606 tires for off the road :cry::lol: