Sign in to follow this  

What is the point of dual exhaust on DRZ? And what decal kit is this?

dual_muffler_suzuki.jpg

I like the look but was wondering if someone could tell me what the purpose is? It is single, so I would think adding extra exhuasts would make it louder, perhaps expel the exhaust fumes from the engine quicker, but is it a big deal?

Also, does anyone know what sticker/decal set is pictured?

Thanks!

Bradley

dual_muffler_suzuki.jpg

I like the look but was wondering if someone could tell me what the purpose is? It is single, so I would think adding extra exhuasts would make it louder, perhaps expel the exhaust fumes from the engine quicker, but is it a big deal?

Looks kinda cool and very unique and the brand is Yoshi tri oval

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/products.asp

I think dual exaust is good because you increase flow but dont lose backpressure? Or something similar..

Not sure if it's in their online store, but if you call Yosh, they'll sell you those graphics. I was thinking about putting a set on my supermoto, but graphics never seem to last very long :cry:

Somehow I'm not sure that yosh sells Kevin Schwantz graphrics, and as for the exhaust??? I bet that engine is able to use all the flow it can get :cry: That is a drz set up to run ama supermoto.

Besides the previously mentioned performance gains (exhaust flow), maybe it's needed to get full travel out of the lowered suspension, since the stock exhaust may have blocked some wheel travel, after it was lowered (especially with what appears to be a wider tire as well).