Sign in to follow this  

Ohlins Front Forks

Any body out there using ohlins?

I bought the eibach springs and changed the oil in the OE forks, but wondering how the ohlins would do in the dirt..?

Do a search and you will find plenty of info. Some people have used Ohlins (Cannondale?) forks but the works forks are the really good ones and they cost almost as much as your bike did. :cry: First off all, what specifically aren't you happy with? I'd recommend a re-valve to go with those new springs. This will improve plushness and improve resistance to bottoming. The DRZ forks are really pretty good. Revalve and respring and then save the rest of your money for other mods :cry:

I would try a revalve first. I have an 01 E which i believe has the same suspension as your 02 S. Factory Connection revalved my bike front and back. It's totally dialed for my riding conditions. In fact I'm so comfortable with it that i dsconnected the steering damper, no need for it with the suspension tuned in. i ride New england slimey roots and rocks. Go for a revalve before doing all new forks.

For more info in ohlins try any site with lots of gas gas guys. The euro section here is good. The 2 stroke section on drn has lots of gas gas posts, and the smackover motorsports site is at the moment "the" gas gas site for north america . If you don't know already gas gas has an ohlins front end option on all its bikes. so it makes gas gas sites good places to go for info.

They work great. Don't know what others will work, but I have the triples and forks from an '01 'Dale x440s. It takes 1 neck bearing from each bike about 3 shim washers, the front rotor from the Cannondale, and make a spacer for the front wheel/hub to mount. On my s I cut the four steel rings that hold the headlight asm. to the stock forks and slid it down the new ones. Full retail the forks and clamps run around $2500.00 so I would start snooping the Cannondaler web site and look for one being parted out.