Sign in to follow this  

Need a nice pipe that wont cost me everyting.

I currently have a CRF230 F and I want to turn it into a "beast." :cry: but I need some suggestions... I was thinking a pipe.... any one know what I could do? ---PEACE

You already have a nice pipe.

A pipe wont turn it into a beast. Have you uncorked & rejetted it yet?

Everyone immediatly wants to bolt on a pipe. On some bikes it is worth it because you'll see some noticable power gains. The 230 has a decent pipe once you uncorck it. Consequently, it's hard to improve on & not worth doing right away. There are so many better places to put $250-$300. It actually is higher tech then most of the after market pipes. It's a reflect technology pipe. It has baffles inside that bounce sound back cancelling some of the outgoing sound out. The after market pipes are usually just glass packs.

:cry:

No I havent uncorked it yet because truthfully I dont know how.

"Rejecting" I get but I havent had the chance yet.

TIPS ON "UNCORKING" ANYONE??? :cry:

The sticky at the top of this forum should help you. I used this info http://www.mcneildn.com/dirtbike/crf230mod/CRF230MOD.htm

when I did mine.

Here's some good info to help you understand the whole "jetting" thing. carb101

If you're going to own/work on a bike you'll need the service manual & a torque wrench too! :cry: Very important with all the aluminum threads.

Also, the search tool here is great for digging up info on stuff but if you don't find your answer go ahead & post.

Good luck!

cool, i'll book mark it and do some more researching, :cry: thanks for your help ---PEACE

Toast is right. The stock pipe isn't that bad at all. In fact. Powell racing said they only saw slight gains in the after market pipes aside from weight. I'd run the stocker and take the baffle out and you'll be good.

I have the Powroll pipe on my bike and its great. Its 1 1/4 inch all the way back. Unlike all other after market pipes which are 1inch all the way back. I had to have it though for compression reasons. BUt the bike is real deep sounding and has better throttle response. And i had my stock pipe uncorked and airbox. I even took the spark aresstor out and got one of those tips off of ebay for the 150. And this pipe is about the same weight as stock but added some performance.

There's a guy on ebay selling new DMC Alien pipes for $155.00 plus $20.00 shipping. That's a pretty good deal!

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well i will look into that... i have to rob a bank, be right back hahahah..... thanks guys. :cry:

You know...after installing my Big Gun, at first, I really didn't notice any different sound.

But when I got on her...she was a bit snappier...I can now make loud popping noices to freak Llama's out and she just purrrrrrrs down the road and screams when I get on 'er!!