Sign in to follow this  

I wore out on dirt

After many injuies over a short period, I sold my '01 650 and '02 400 and bought a sleek new VFR. Pavement is great.

So far... I don't miss the dirt.

Ya, whatever. Just keep an eye out for the 6500 pound SUV that will flatten you.

Or the yellow Yugo with the bent rim and broken windshield....oh,and huge spoiler! :cry:

well, try carving clean lines thru sharp turns on beautiful backroads on a state of the art sport bike. It is as fun as slicing and dicing along a wooded trail.

Ya, whatever. Just keep an eye out for the 6500 pound SUV that will flatten you.

What are you talking about? Our excursion weighs in at 13,000 pounds at least. :cry:

After many injuies over a short period, I sold my '01 650 and '02 400 and bought a sleek new VFR. Pavement is great.

So far... I don't miss the dirt.

So you can't handle off-road.Not everyone can.They do make bikes with training wheels(QUADS !) :cry:

After many injuries over a short period, I sold my '01 650 and '02 400 and bought a sleek new VFR. Pavement is great.

<font color="navy">I ride both street and dirt, so I can understand the enjoyment you are getting on pavement. However, if your dirt-related injuries were from crashes, be especially carefully on the street. Crashes there hurt a LOT more...

After many injuries over a short period, I sold my '01 650 and '02 400 and bought a sleek new VFR. Pavement is great.

<font color="navy">I ride both street and dirt, so I can understand the enjoyment you are getting on pavement. However, if your dirt-related injuries were from crashes, be especially carefully on the street. Crashes there hurt a LOT more...

No kidding, you can survive many more crashes on dirt than on street.

Sorry to see you go over to the pavement side.

Watch out for:

1. Idiots

2. Police

Modern sportbikes are so fast that having fun on the almost always means that you are breaking the law. I'd go broke paying for my tickets and have several friends that are tied up in the court system because of street bikes.

Be smart.

:cry:

Funny you mention getting out of the dirt. After 14 years of street riding and 5 years roadracing, I'm selling off my last streetbikes so I can concentrate on the dirt. Though maybe a little supermoto isn't out of the question ...

I tried to get into street bikes. I bought an sv650 and went riding with a group of guys in my area. We found this twistie stretch of road and zipped through it. Then they all pulled over for a smoke break. Turns out, their plan was to stay and ride that 8 mile stretch over and over. My sv650 is for sale

I have a KLR 650 that has been all over New England, Missouri, Arkansas and now exploring texas...I am an avid dirtbiker who loves to race and ride trails but the KLR is great running down the back roads of th USA..

Definitely have to stay alert when riding the street!