Sign in to follow this  

Freaked me out.!Caught my ring finger Loading Bikes

So have you ever stood on the side of a pickup truck while loading the bikes(boat rack and three bikes)? I have many times never thought anything of it. Well last Sunday at Walker I did just that. However, as I hopped down my ring finger caught on the smallest of edges on a bracket and cut the crap out of my finger. Good thing my friends truck wasn't any taller cuz it would have reqired way more than 6 stitches to put the whole finger back!! 😢 THANK YOU TO THE FOLKS who had a nice bag of ice and especially the guy with the tin snips. Everyone else thanks for looking !! See everyone on the trails in a few weeks. 😢 :cry:

Man, I hope your finger is OK and I hope you can throw your leg over your bike soon... feel better allright...

Damn, I did the same thing a couple years ago. Loading a CR125 into a Tacoma, caught my right thumb between the swingarm and the sprocket and took it right off just below the nail. So nasty! Got it sewn back on (it just peeled off the bone) and had the intact nail pushed back into the skin and sewn back on. A year and a half later, it is almost fine...you'd never know except for a little scarring and the white part under the nail is messed up...not like the nice semi-circle it was before (look at your thumb, it makes sense 😢 )

Best of luck on a speedy recovery!

Brian

Dude, I feel your pain. I hope it did not cost you 2500 bucks

like mine.

Heal quick, and get back all up in it!! 😢

I used to know someone that lost their finger, in a similar way, while working in a warehouse.

Good to see that in your case, it wasn't as bad. Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Kudos to the folks that helped out, as well. 😢

I think that Garth from TransWorld MX recently did that. I don't remember, but he might have cut it right off!

My dad cut his finger off twice. Once while he was racing it got caught between his barkbuster and a guys handlebar and smashed it off, he finished the race that way and got it sewn back on. A couple months later he was loading a bike to go riding and it was still stiff and went between the front rotor of the bike and the caliper and cut it off again, the exact same finger in the same spot. They sewed it back on again and he still has it and its all fine now.

Years ago I cought my class ring on the screen door latch as I was runing outta the house. Stoped me dead in my tracks. I feel your pain. 😢

Did the same thing falling off a dock ladder. If I had been a few feet further out of the water, it would have torn my finger off.

I told my wife before I got married that I wasn't going to wear my ring all the time. She said she preferred 10 fingers, so...

Anyway, I still feel your pain, my ring isn't a comfort band and I slammed open dual swinging doors with a buffer that subsequently slammed back and cut the crap out of my finger because of the ring... 😢

I take off my ring that my girlfriend gave me if I do any sport, or i'm going to mess it up, like if I work on my bike or workout...

Some of my friends will wear them while working on thier cars and stuff. I keep telling them they are waiting for a finger to get caught.

That sucks man. Get on the bike soon! 😢

Fried Finger?

When I was a kid, one of my buds dad was working on his car and wound up shorting his wedding ring across the starter hot lead and ground. It welded the ring to the starter post so he couldn’t escape. He lost his finger.... Another dad lost his ring finger by hooking the ring on something while descending a stairway on a ship while he was in the Navy...

I don't wear the stuff, I think having all ten fingers looks better than having a gold band on my hand...

RH

Reminds me of when my brother an I were riding NATC events back in the late 70's. Out on the loop he got his fingers jammed between the clutch lever and a tree that jumped out in front of him; the impact squashed his ring into an oval shape with a rather small inner diameter 😢

Imagine how bizarre it looked to others riding by as they watched this guy kneeling at the side of the trail with his hand outstretched on a big rock and pounding away on it with another rock as he tried to beat it round again 😢 :cry: 😢

I thought i lost my wedding ring, I coudn't see it when looking at my palm. Somehow it cut into my finger and was under 1/4 inch of skin,while lifting cable at work. I don't wear it any more! Didn't hurt, like when my brother slammed a door and took my fingertip off 😢

I know a guy that worked for the state road, and he was loading gravel into the back of a dump truck. When he got down, he jumped and his wedding ring caught the truck and completely tore his finger off, they couldnt put it back on because it shattered the socket when it came out. Hope you heal quick, keep on ridin'. 😢 :cry: