Sign in to follow this  

DR-Z 110 forks, Cartridge emulators or damper rod mods?

Hi: has anyone got any experience with the race tech cartridge emulators for the front forks on the drz110? How about modifing the damper rod compression holes and changing the oil wt? Also the two bro's damper rods say they give 1 1/2" more travel anyone tried these?

We race mostly flat track and tt and my son also like to jump it occasionally. Thank for the help :cry:

i have never tried those specific ones, but have on other bike models such as XR 100's and they do feel nice. i guess anything is better than those stock forks. you know how when you press down on the forks, they dont start going down until a good amount of pressure is on them? i think it would change that, i think i will give them a try, plus they are adjustable!

and getting that kit is basically like getting a new fork. its the technology on the inside that really counts.

I spoke with the owner of ishock at a recent trade show in Vegas, and he recommended the emulator for the 110 forks. Of course, he definitely says go w/ the ishock in the rears.

For flat track, you do want to firm up a bit on the rebound, and the emulators will be the better option in this respect. However, for MX, you want all the travel that you can get, so the damper rod mod is the better path to take. But if it's occasionally that your son is going to jump it, then I'd go for the emulator.

I spoke with Two Brothers mech. about them. He sugested the imulaters plus welding one of the holes shut to inhance the ride. Just my 2 cents......Good luck