Sign in to follow this  

Vor or Gas Gas??

HI to all,

Im new to this forum ,but have spent the last few weeks just reading through the forum and some of the older topics. And as much tech info i could find on the net in regards to these two bikes

Well ive decided to get back itno bike riding had my first bike at 9yo and last bike when i was 15, and im now 23 so its been a while since ive been on a bike, so ive got a few questions..

Ive narrowed my selection down to the 05 gas gas 450 fse and the 04 vor 530 (simply because there out of the 450 and i think that the 05 vor will be out of my price range)originaly wanted the 05 gas gas 250 but having to premix the oil/fuel is just not practical for me.

Maintanence cost's and ease of maintemnance would they be roughly the same?

Ability to be riden for large distance on road,I dont have a ute or a trailer so i will need to ride to the bush but i also would like to do some longer trips which would be in covering distances upto 450 klm, on road, are either bike going to take this well? (sitting on 100klm/h for a long time.)

As I have said I have been reading through all the posts on both bikes and on the internet in general for info but have yet found out what power each of these bikes make. Ive seen that the gas gas 250 2 stroke has near 49 hp, so what are the figures on these two bikes?

Im only 5'6" and wiegh 70kilo's so are these 2 bikes going to be to have too much grunt for a bloke my size?

Sorry about all the Questions but any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Luke.

Hi Luke,

If you're looking for racing, no doubt VOR is better :cry:.

If you're looking for reliability VOR 04 is better than GG 04 (450 FSE), reading euro's forum it seems the first GG 450 4T well done is the 05 series.

If you're looking for power the VOR 530 has much than GG 450 (obviously).

I personally prefer VOR 450 than 530 for hard track enduro riding, but if you're looking for some road usage the 530 will be less stressed by it.

By sure neither VOR nor GG (or KTM, TM etc..) are minded for highway use :cry:

Ciao, Alessandro

Hi,

I probably should have included the type of riding i will be doing,,

It will manly be tight/open bush tracks and some open fire trails, and i have no urge to race yet.

why is it that you prefer the 450 vor for hard enduro riging over the 530, is it the way the power comes on? or does the 450 just handle better?

Luke...

I'm only 5'6" @ 175 lbs and the 530 would be great in the open desert, but for me be way too much in the tight technical single track trails...but I have spoken with several big guys (over 6', over 200 lbs) and they say the power on the 530's make them very easy to ride :cry:

as long as your hand doesn't slip :cry:

The 530 could be too much for a slow track slippery for wet stones as happens in my favourite riding area.

But as soon as the ground is dry and the track allow you to use 3rd gear and more the 530 give you more adrenaline. :cry:

:cry: Alessandro

thanks for that info,

I think i might wait till the 05 vor is here then and see what they look like, cause i really would rather the 450,from what you have siad, as id rather have a bike i could sort of control then somthing that scares the [@#$%&*!] outa me when i ride it..

so now its probably going to be 05 vor v's 05 gas gas, cant wait to see some vor pics..

Luke.

I ride a 2002 V-cross 530(enduroized) and am 5'7" 155lbs mostly in tight wood's ,enduro etc your typical northeastern tight terrian. I spent a year and a half getting the suspension plush enough for this type of riding. however the newer bikes have Ohlins not paoli suspension like my 2002 so it might be easier to get it right for your wieght/riding style. The 530cc engine has much tamer (more linear) power delivery with the FCR that they come with now if jetted properly (modded my fuel tank and installed a FCR), even still I find my right wrist worn out well before my left just from trying to keep a steady throttle thru the ruff or slimmy stuff, if jetted properly you can run much higher gears allowing the engine to lug just enough to not send you into the tree's and at the same time find traction were knowbody else can. Have ridden numerouse other bikes since owning the VOR and will have to say that once you have gotten it dialed in and used to it I wouldn't trade it for anything (well except for maybe a CRFX 250 on the really really tight stuff).

Dean