Honda Parts Prices. WTF!!!!!

I wasn't going to mention this as it's rather embarrasing. I was doing the airbox mod on my CRF250X and was using a drill to make a hole to start the cutting from. A minor slip saw the drill bit go through the airbox and snag the filter ripping a nice chunk out of it. The filter is completely shagged and destined for the bin. I ordered a new one from my local dealer, (always support the local dealer right???) and picked it up today. The cost???? £28.00 (That's 50.00 freaking dollars for some freaking foam) I guess I wont be shopping there anymore.

Rant over, I just thought I'd share it with you. ?

Service Honda can save you a ton on parts for my XR I usually get real close to 50% off parts and specialty tools. Support your local dealer HA!!!!! They suck with all the mark up SCREW THEM!! It is hard enough to support my riding habit while suppoeting a wife and 4 sons! Let the dealer owner get a part time job!!!!

Screw the dealer before they screw you! ?

Went to get some ultra heavy-duty tube for the rear tire.

My local shop didn't have one in stock.

They charge $16 for the MOOSE or MSR ultra hd.

I was riding the next day, Sunday(when no ones open), so I HAD to get one.

Went to the dealer. They wanted $20!!! for a piece of RUBBER!

Had to buy it. I only go to the dealer for my Honda oil, gaskets

and o-rings for maintenance.

<font color="navy">It's not just Honda. Check the prices at any other dealer and you'll find the same. While there are a few good, honest dealerships who aren't trying to rip you off (give them your service), the majority seem to be money grubbing scum bags who will jack the price as much as possible.

Interestingly, the local Suzuki/Kawi dealership (good place, fair prices) recently bought out the Honda/Yamaha shop (major rip-off, high prices, poor service attitude and prices). I thought that would be a good thing, but noticed that the price discrepancies between the two dealerships remained significant (e.g., $15 price difference on a $40 part). When I recently took my son's XR250 for service at the Suzuki/Kawi place (better service and price) I talked to the shop manager about the upcoming merger of the dealerships and my hope that their practices would be infused into the Honda/Yamaha shop. Nope. He went off on a rant that "management" is putting the Honda shop guy in charge, raising their labor rates, and making changes to their shop to be more in line with the crappy Honda/Yamaha shop! Argh! The last good local place to have my bikes serviced goes down the drain. I've got the owners name/address and am writing him with my concerns...

Oh yeah, regarding:

I only go to the dealer for my Honda oil, gaskets and o-rings for maintenance.

<font color="navy">I agree to get genuine Honda parts when you service your bike, but don't waste your money on their inflated oil prices -- especially considering that the oil isn't that good! Go with aftermarket on that one and save the $'s. I've been running Mobile 1 redcap on my street bike and XRs and not only have had zero problems, but get better mileage (and cheaper to boot)...