How do you feel about handguards?

i think there the best if you ride/race woods. when i ride woods on my husky cr125 im going fast in this tight stuff and my bars are sometimes rubbing agaist trees. so if i were you and you rides woods i would deff. get them.

i have the cycra probend. they been holding up great.

o yea and about your friend it depends on how you ride. i was at my local mx track at the time about 2 years ago on my husky and i went over the bars (with the barkbusters on) and i did no break my wrist. it just depends on how you fall.

> heck, i probably hold on to the bars MORE than 95% of the time, more like 99.9%. except when i crash hard. then i let go.

Yea, I'm with you ... lets put it this way: I intentionally hold on to the bars and ride it to the ground. If something happens that makes that impossible, then I might turn loose. I don't know how many times I've found myself sprawled out on the ground with only my left hand on the bars, with the clutch pulled in.

That said, Acerbis made, years ago, some "C" shaped guards that were pretty notorious for breaking wrists in OTB situations. Those encapsulated the hand in hard plastic and I personally witnessed a buddy lowside and get uphill of the bike while sliding around, and broke his wrist.

I'm with TChambers though, I run the EE type with the big flat handguards...

Mer.. uh, Spaz ?

I've used hand gaurds or bark busters since the early 80,s, and did break my right wrist once when I endoed in a Dist. 37 race!!. But!! I still use and belive in them!!,WHY??, they have saved me injury alot more times than I can count, + they have saved more money than I'd like to think of in levers,perches,master cylinders,ect. ?,In my opinion you should get some. ?.

JEEZ! I wasn't expecting so many responses so quickly! I guess it's unanimous. I won't cancel my order for the guards.

BTW, I've heard dozens of people tell me their lives were saved by NOT wearing a seatbelt, but I won't leave my driveway without one.

Thanks for the input, guys!

The ONLY TIME I let go of the bars is if the bike physically throws me off and I CANNOT hold on. I was tossed off one time though, still had one hand on the bars, and I was able to stay CLOSE to the bike. Had I let go, I would have been thrown. My shoulder hurt a little though! ?

I have run bark busters all the time. However, after a few incidents of ahving a set of Rally Pro's bend into my levers and require bending back (NOT EASY!) to continue a race, I went with open ended guards.

I've run Flags or Flag lights ever since.