California City camping and riding information, please...

We have never camped or rode California City or the surrounding area.

Can anyone point us to some intermediate trails and camping?

Camping must be RV accessible.

What's Camp 'A', 'B' and 'C'?

Thanks,

John

Head out of Cal City past the golf course a mile or so and start looking. You can pretty much camp anywhere out there past the city. I personally enjoy camping on the south side a couple of miles or so past the prison. You can easily camp on either side with an RV and have plenty of riding area. All the roads are smoothly graded and are no problem for RV's to drive down. Look for Cadillac or Chrysler road and turn down either of them and pick a spot. A lot of people seem to camp around these two streets either on the left or right side. Anywhere you decide to camp will have easy flat terrain for riding. Depending on where you camp, you'll have to ride a ways to get to hills and "tougher" terrain. Wherever you end of camping though should be fine and you'll have fun. Cal City is a great place to camp and bring the family to ride. We'll be out there this weekend so keep your heads up. Have a good time and be safe. :cry:

I camp behind the prison, end of golf course make a left on twenty mule team/randsburg mojave and then make a right on 140th make a left @ T, takes you behind the prison! Great open area for kids!

This area is behind the prison,no rangers ever on this side!

fb5a7691.jpg

I hear ya Big D, we camp a little further down from the prison near Cadillac road and never see any rangers either. Only problem I see with where you camp is all those damn bright lights from the prison at night! But it sure is a big flat wide open area. :cry:

The mountain blocks them PINKISH lights! You have to climb that hill to see the prison on the other side! There are no rangers on the prison side cause is private land(no BLM)!

Been camping @ camp sit C for over :cry: 25yrs? Most of the trails are closed and my favorite sandwash run down to the drylake bed is closed! :cry: Plus at every entrance to the hills, there are rangers waiting! I'm legal and all but just don't like dealing with them! They are always looking for something to bug you about, however last Thanks Giving out there some Firemen came buy to say hi and to pass out infor on where to go(cadillac rd and 20 mule team)

just in case you need help!

If you want something with a few hills, go a few more miles to JawBone canyon. All levels of riding there and if it's windy, the hills will block some of the wind.

Have fun!!!

Brewster

I am planning a trip for next month in the Cal City Area (in 19 days actually) for a group of friends... I'm interested i your take on where to ride and camp... There will be bikes and quads... about 15 to 20 people... I've talked to folks at the Jawbone facility about Jawbone and Spangler areas... I ordered 15 trail maps by mail... Hope they are good ones... I also called the local Cal City Police about the area in and around Borax Bills Park and got the thumbs up about where to ride...

Can I get some opinions... They say they are like a$$holes... so I know everyone has one... LOL Please tell me where you think there is the best combination of riding terrain... The one thing we don't really need is long rocky tight mountain top trails... Not interested in dead friends... More into racing around and find hills to climb... Forest style runs are good as long as it doesn't turn into a rock crawl and crank case crasher...

Thanks for any input... :banghead:

Jeff, the maps show all the main trails. Bikes and quads can ride on most of them. Trails to the north are the most fun, and you can connect up trails and ride to Ransburg for lunch. Living ghost town, and still mining the area. If you camp close to 20 mule team park, about 1.5 miles from the prison, they have bathrooms and showers. I will be going with my son that weekend with the riders group, so give me a call and maybe I can fill you in as per camping spots.

Crash Ash

310-429-3960

• Like 1

Cal City is a great place to ride. Just be respectful of the areas your ride and don't leave anything behind. Better yet, pick up trash when you leave.

We live in Cal City and ride there all the time. It's probably one of the best places to ride anywhere, if you ride sensiblly.

We also promote events there and next December 10, we'll have our GP #4 with a TRAC DYNAMICS $1500.00 purse. If you need more information go to this link and you'll see what we're talking about: http://www.bpmotorsports.net/05-HiDez-Options.htm

Have a good time and we'll probably see you in Cal City on any given weekend. I rode today and it was unreal. The rains of two days ago were just perfect.This weekend we're expecting well over 500 motorhomes and trailers because the riding is going to be unreal!

BPMS

lou@bpmotorsports.net

coming from Cal-City....on 20 mule team...which street is first...Cadillac or Chrysler ??? :banghead:

Looked at that map earlier....and I found cadillac....but not chrysler....... This time I opened my eyes and looked harder. I found chrysler behind the box "big course kids course"........thank you.. :banghead:

This is where i go "CAMPSITE C " when i there for 2 or more days! If not i park to the left on Virginia which is street that the prison is on!

This is my map i give out for our Thanks Giving trips!

I must say that i make good maps!! HAHAHAHHAHAHHA Alittle big but that will help you!

map.jpg

thanks for the map. have a group going out this weekend and might come by and do the poker run. :banghead: