Vegas - AMA gone bonkers

The way I read the latest bulletin from the AMA - The Vegas final is only double points for top 5 spots at the final. ?

A sixth will be doom for any of the 4 or so riders contending the championship.

Not fair to Wardy who has been consistent all year. Just assuming he had something happen. You know how Supermotard is one mistake or mechanical problem and you can be back to 6th, look what happened to Doug Henry at Nashville.

I hope Wardy doesn't get screwed out of another championship, I sense it coming again. Hope not!

?

double points for the top 5? thats a weird one i have never heard that. double points for the winner yes.

A freind of mine is racing Vegas. He's the british champ called Matt Winstainly on a KTM he also rides S1 world champs look out for him he's fast. Probably cause a few suprises ?

It's Vegas... you've got to have a bit of a gamble thrown into the mix. ?

BTW - I believe Vegas is going to be a two day event with practice/qual on Fri afternoon and races on Sat afternoon. Don't hold me to that as I don't know if it's set in stone yet... just something I heard at S.B. last week.

I'd like to take this oportunity to extend and invitation to all to come race with me the Sunday after the Vegas finals. SNVSuMO is having a race at the X plex on Sunday after the finals. Darryl has already agreed to let me race his big KTM on Sunday and he's even going to come out and be my mechanic! ? Should be a really good time considering I'm always jonesing to turn the throtle the day after watching a race. Consider it the first race of the "Chuckie108 comeback tour!" ? :cry: I figure it would be really cool to get as many TT folks there to ride and hang out since I know most of you hard core riders will be in town anyway. ?

Ralph:

That championship structure has been on the AMA website since the season started. I called Jane on it to clarify matters several months ago. What was NOT on the website is the "score one FIM point" rule. What that means is that little Boris Chambon or VDB can come over and race without attending a prior qualifying round. Now that, I think, is a large marketing error. I can understand why they'd want some fast Euros to come over, but if someone just shows up and wins the season finale, it will make the whole series look like a joke. In any case, who knows. No one, to my knowledge, has accused AMA Pro Racing of having great long-term vision. ???

?

Brett

Valentino Rossi's father is putting on a big Supermoto race in Europe the same weekend as Vegas with a huge $ purse. From what I understand most of the top Euro guys will probably be there.

where did you hear that? Rossi's Dad Graziano is a ex 250gp winner himself and can ride but i didn't even know they were into supermoto.

Biaggi and Capirossi both train on motards though, i have a video of biaggi on a 450 honda and he looks awesome ?

I heard that from a couple different people last weekend in South Boston.

I've seen Biaggi ride a couple times at our local practice tracks and from what I've seen he couldn't make the top 10 at an AMA race. I hope Nicky Hayden shows up, he's the fastest Supermoto racer I've ever seen.

I've seen Biaggi ride a couple times at our local practice tracks and from what I've seen he couldn't make the top 10 at an AMA race.

He'd be on the podium if there were no dirt section ! ?

It was really funny to see him yarding Nicky Hayden on the pavement, only to have Hayden pass him every lap in the dirt.

?

Brett

I don't dislike Biaggi - especially this year. I actually find myself cheering for him quite a bit.

BUT - I spent a whole day with four other people on the track last winter - Max, Nicky, Tommy and Roger Lee. Max _never_ yarded Nicky. In fact, Max _never_ yarded any of them except for me (and I was on my slow bike ? ). Tommy and Nicky were battling back and forth with Max trying to keep up - and I would have to give the advantage to Tommy on that day (although both were totally amazing). I think it'd be quite a stretch to see Max on an AMA Supermoto podium.

Definitely a fantastic experience for me that day though!

Eric

Really? Damn i was hoping to see Chambon or Sheel

I was talking to a friend today (that reads this board but never posts anymore ?) and he said he's heard Eddy Seel is supposed to be at Vegas... and maybe Colin Edwards as well... and Nakano... and....

Holy Sh*t!! That is why never go down to the strip! Fortunately, I have never seen that guy at that intersection. If he had done that to my truck, I am afraid that he would have F250 Superduty tread all over his body!

Just to let everybody know, you will not see any BS like that when you are here around Bally's for the Supermoto race.

Talk about cracked out....damn! ?

• 2 weeks later...

The way I read the latest bulletin from the AMA - The Vegas final is only double points for top 5 spots at the final. ?

A sixth will be doom for any of the 4 or so riders contending the championship.

Not fair to Wardy who has been consistent all year. Just assuming he had something happen. You know how Supermotard is one mistake or mechanical problem and you can be back to 6th, look what happened to Doug Henry at Nashville.

I hope Wardy doesn't get screwed out of another championship, I sense it coming again. Hope not!

?

I was pretty sure that the points structure was not new information.

The finale points bulletin was published June 28, 2004.

PDF of Bulletin from AMA Pro Racing