Sign in to follow this  

Baja Designs LED brake light

I just bought THIS brake ligh for my KLX400. (drz) Just wondering if any of you have tried to mount one yet. I am going to try to mount it tonight, and will post pictures as long as it is not a catastrophy! :cry:

Sorry, is that the street bike?

I wanna know how it works out...keep us posted.

It is the SR, but it is EXACTLY the same as a DRZ400E. Mine is more dirt now than street. This light will make it legal again in Colorado.

My plastics are just the blue and yellow mixed!lol

EXACTLY the same as a DRZ400E

Frame is still an S frame no matter what you do. :cry:

BTW that link you posted wont work. Post the BD part #.

Is it the clear one? I just recently installed one and it looks sick. I believe thats the general concensus about them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Installed a Baja Designs clear LED within the last month. Trouble-free installation. The first time you pull that wired up brake light you'll be very pleased. And if the sun has set even better. :cry:

It is a clear oval shaped lens. I am at work and have been messing with it all day!!!! Now I just wish my bike was here so I could install it. I will post pics tonight after I do.

Thanks Guys!

also here is the part # from their web page ....600709

I put it in the search window to pull it up.

I have that same taillight. Its light, bright, and you don't have to worry about burned out bulbs. I think they really did a great job with those.

I want one , I want one , I want one. Show us pic's when you are done. Is that one DOT legal? and it does have tail light\brake light function right? Let us know how it is to mount.

it is DOT approved. You cannot see it in the pic, but it is stampped across the bottom of the lens. It has 3 white LEDs pointing down for the plate also! I will be mounting the plate tomorrow so more pics will come soon. also if you look at it from the top or side the light is hidden. It lokks way better than I expected. and for $45 I couldent go wrong!

It's not DOT legal. When I asked BD why it wasn't, they said because it's not reflective on the sides. Out of all the rangers or police that have checked my bike to make sure it's legal haven't said a word about the tail light. This tail light is a bright functioning tail light/brake light with a license plate light. :cry:

The lens looks like it was made for that fender. it has the exact same curve to it, and tucks right under the lip of the fender!

I was lucky enough to find one someone had opened on a clearance shelf. It had everything there, and they guaranteed it will work, so I bought it. I got mine for $45. It was only $10 off, but that is 3 lunches for me!lol The tail itself was HUGE for the S model because of the way the frame is made. But it is strong, and looks great. I would recomend it to anyone.