Sign in to follow this  

Problem with Two Bros KLX110 Adjustable Needle

I had all kinds of trouble jetting this bike with the adjustable needle. FMF Power Core 4 with snorkel out of the air box and 6 1" holes drilled 40pj and 85 mj with the stock needle (taper) works the best. I tried every clip position on the adjustable needle with a very bad spot at 1/2 throttle unless I went back to the 80mj with clip in the 4th position but it was still not great. The 40pj and 85mj with stock needle make the best power and to issues throughout the throttle, however I still getting some popping through the exhaust on deceleration which has plagued me from the start. I've tightened bolts put a new gasket in but it still pops. I'm going to try a washer under the stock needle to see if I can't get it to stop. I will post the results once I try it. I sure hope I don't have to get the valves adjusted. The bike is only two months old.

i dont know about the jetting, but i know when you uncork an exhaust system, say your gassing it until like 5000 RPM's, then you let off, and it starts popping, its exhaust air not being forced out of the pipe anymore, so some of it returns into the cyclinder i guess. thats why a big, open exhaust performs better at high RPM when the air is being effeciently pushed out, but you sacrifice the low end, so you got to find a happy medium. im not positive on this info, but it makes sense to me! :cry: