Sign in to follow this  

03 YZF Seat/Tank on 03 WRF 250

Hi guys, I've been meaning to get around to this mod for quite some time, i have recently fitted a yzf cam and a 280 kit so with renewed enthusiasm I'm gonna have a go tomorrow. So basically I'm just looking for anybody who has done this mod to pass on any advice. I know the tank bolts right on but the yzf seat apparently requires some modification, not wanting to ruin a brand new seat I'm looking for help :cry: I know Mr Kienle expert skills have some experience of this mod, any advice ??? Many thanks in advance. Deako

see:

:cry:

The underside of the seat must be modified to accomadate the battery that sits atop the airbox. Also, there are two "brackets" that stick up from the subframe to hold the seat down and limit lateral movement. These are not present on the YZ. So you must cut a hole in the plastic seat base to go "over" these items as well as trim out some seat foam.

Now on my brother-in-laws 04 WRF this worked but IMHO the seat "gives" a little in the middle and has a little lateral movement. He doesn't mind it but I do. So if it were mine I would also engineer some brackets for the seat base that would "lock" into the brackets on the subframe. When you are looking at the bike this will make more sense. I have some ideas for this but have not actually tried any yet.

Hey thanks Rick for the advice, went into my local dealer today and typical, he did'nt have a yz seat on the shelf, I have one on order now and will let you know how i get on :cry: Many thanks again

Deako