Sign in to follow this  

Metcalf or Hollister anyone?

There've been a couple Hollister TT meets that last couple weekends (look back a couple pages here in the SW Forum) -- don't know if anything is on for this weekend. When Metcalf opens for red sticker in a few weeks, we'll be there for the first few Sundays for sure. Already have some demo rides set up with some friends and TTers and their kids.

We aren't able to ride for the next couple weekends, but the last couple weekends of Oct. we'll either be at Hollister or maybe back over in Livermore for MX. Look for us at Metcalf in November and stop by to say hi. We're the light brown Suburban pulling the white Pace trailer. Our numberplates are in my footer. -Mike- :cry:

hey dude-

i have never been to metcalf, but its the closest place to home. weird... i know. lets get together.

tommo

yeah, metcalf gets some bad mouthing by some people, but it really is a great place to ride. a nice rock garden section about the size of a football field. and if your brave enough to do all the singletrack stuff, youll have a good 30 miles logged in. its my favorite place to ride, its 45 minutes closer than hollister and when your on a trials bike, you dont wantto be at hollister on those long and boring trails that slowly wind up the mountain.

but hollister has better pitbike tracks, and some good competition too. one day i went too hollister with my 2002 XR 250, and my 1996 XR 80, and a few other friends, and i spent the whole day on the 80cc track on the ridge! we had some good times, i just get a thrill out of beating kids on cr 80s around the turns, and them passing me on the straights!

so what do you ride?

I'm addicted to the single track at Metcalf and ride it every weekend. Always welcome company. I'm not a MX jumper though. Trials sounds cool and has always impressed me. :cry:

hey-

i ride a ktm 525 exc, but i'd ike to get a little crf 150 too. i'm with you mr gadget- id rather enjoy the ride on my bike, not the one in the ambulance.

tommo