Rear end kicks out or in off of corner jump

I'm a beginner rider. I can't seem to predict in what situation would the rear end kicks on a turn jump.

Sometimes I thought that it would kick to the outside but it kicked to the inside. I dont get it.

I was told that if you have traction, it would tend to kick to the inside. When there is not enough traction and the wheels spins, it would kick to the outside.

This may help...on a jump like that where the bike kicks to the inside try turning the front wheel to the inside as you take off to counteract the rear. It keeps the bike straight off the jump.

From what I understand, as your front wheel leaves the jump the rear is still pushing straight. This causes the rear to kind of jack knife to the inside. I don't know the scientific terms for it though.

It has always happened to me, that if you take off from a jump in a turn, the rear wheel will cut to the inside (obviously depending on the sharpness of the turn).

If you, as soon as you take off with the front, turn the front wheel the opposite way, the rear wheel stays "true".

I've done it before where I keep the front wheel in a turn, turned, and the rear gets "scary" to the inside.

What do you mean "turning the opposite way"?

It has always happened to me, that if you take off from a jump in a turn, the rear wheel will cut to the inside (obviously depending on the sharpness of the turn).

If you, as soon as you take off with the front, turn the front wheel the opposite way, the rear wheel stays "true".

I've done it before where I keep the front wheel in a turn, turned, and the rear gets "scary" to the inside.

Works for me. Thing is, you can't try to correct it with your body either. Everything stays the same except the front wheel, don't counter-lean with your body! If you're seated, stick the inside leg out like normal. I gotta get a video of this in motion sometime. Been a few weeks since I've been to Rausch though, and thats the only place here that has one of them to do it on!

As you are going up the jump face, put a little more of your weight on your inside peg than the outside.

There's a tabletop on a track that I ride that's right after a long, sweeping right turn. At the landing, it turns right again. Sometimes I would be still slightly turning to the right as I hit the face, and in the air the back end would rebound to the right (inside) -- leaving me pointing the wrong way when I landed. This was before someone showed me this trick: By keeping about 60 to 70 percent of my weight on the right (inside) foot as I go up the ramp and into the air the bike would fly straight, or even kick the rear out to the left (setting up for the next turn) with more weight applied to the right foot. I don't make an effort to lean the bike over any more, just push down on the right (or inside) peg with more force than the left (or outside) peg. I also don't make an effort to turn the front wheel in the air.

Start with just a little more weight on the inside, and gradually increase it until it flies straight or even whips to the outside.