Sign in to follow this  

Carbon case guards

They are not quite like the cfc ones those actually glue to the side casings so as the brake and shift levers can"t punture them. the ones in your pic look like the factory black plastic one that go on the lower front left and right side. Where did you find those at and $$ much? I think the cfc case guards are essential even if mainly on the street is here you are. My buddy just dropped my drz at a stand still and the shifter punctured the case ouch!! :cry: What do ya do 160 bucks later and 1.5 attempts thanks to a little washer that fell out before i could see where it came from. :cry: :cry:

i wouldn't bother with those...

there are other carbon fibre guards that cover more....

I like my skid plates to be made out of metal....

I'll turn those into dust....

They look very similar to the ones on my bike. They seem to be very sturdy and light weight. I haven't had any probs yet and they do fit very well. :cry:

I have those on my bike and really like them. They probably won't work the best if you are in a very rocky environment. They are pretty thick and can take a pretty hard shot without damage, but a sharp rock would crack the epoxy. BURNED has used them also and can chime in with his experiences. If you are mostly street these would be awesome. They don't echo the engine noises as bad and are tucked in quite a bit more than the metal pans. I can email pics of them installed if you want to see... :thumbsup:Andrew andrmorr@aol.com

the only way to go imho.they do not take the place of the cfc's.the do protect the water pump and the front of the stator cover better than anything available currently.when unabikers carbon skid plate comes out i will use it.

Ya those are engine guards only but they really cover up the water pump nicely....

They are really trick looking. I am running them on my bike. I highly doubt you would ever crack the epoxy either 1/4" thick carbon fiber parts properly constructed just aren't gonna crack in half like that. :cry:

If you recall suzuki used to offer them as an accesory item. They were made by "DSP" for Suzuki.

I think Lightspeed is a DSP spin-off so those are the same exact guard once sold by suzuki.

TT has pretty good prices too on all the lightspeed stuff.

E-Line has both Ignition and Clutch covers in Carbon Fiber for killer prices. The lightspeed clutch cover costs some serious coin.

Not the very best photo but there is the one side... I could take a close up if you wanna better shot.

4.jpg

For those that wanted/needed pics of the CF guards installed, here ya go...that is the CF E-line ignition cover and the Factory Pro clutch cover also :thumbsup:Andrew

CFengineGuards2.jpgCFengineGuards.jpg

Rite on guys those carbon pics are very nic and your bike is almost perfect ance mine looks the same then it will be perfect :cry: :cry:

Hey Manzs,

Welcome to TT, You should start a new thread to get any answers to that question.

There's a "new thread" button at the top left portion of the page :applause:

06 drz400s vs drz400sm / Tops speeds, who's faster?

I'd say depends on how their set up, and geared.

I've never understood CF parts other than too look purdy. :bonk: The only time composites are stronger than metals is in tension or when in a honeycomb sandwich (bending). The strength is with the fibre orientation. First time you impact a helmet it's junk right? Composites delaminate on impacts. The only part of the composite that resists that damage is the epoxy matrix. It is weak and brittle. That makes them good once.

Nice beefy Aluminium skid plate with solid wings baby :applause: You'd have bigger issues than the pump or stator by the time you got to mine.