Sign in to follow this  

How many here would NOT buy another KXF?

Just wondering how many of you that have had problems would buy something else next time?

Not I unless it was to get another bike such as a 450f because who knows when the Kawasaki ones comin out. Id get an 05 Red 450 to add to the team if I had any money.

I have already purchased 2 KXF's, I'm on my 2nd one now, the first one had zero problems after owning it for over 6 months, the 2nd one is the same so far(about 12-14 hours on it now). I change the oil Very regulary and don't ride in the rev limiter. Bike depreciation is the only thing stopping me from a 05, I've also consider switching back to a two stroke, due to all the talk here, not just on the kawi's, but all of them.. Yamaha does seem to have the least amount of Negative feedback "generally" speaking. Any of them can have problems.

Not me. No faith in it's reliability.

I've never had this much trouble with a bike.

I would buy another one. Our's has been great this year. I'm going to take a look at it in the next week or so, I have not had any trouble so I do not expect to find anything wrong. I will report back asap.

Even with the valve problems that I am fixing before they occur, I would buy another. I feel that it is the best handling bike out there and that means alot to me.

I would not buy another Kawasaki period. I was very lucky to get out from under my rmz/kxf and now have a Suzuki '05 rm250. Guess what ? zero valve, cooling, tranny, or any other concerns with this bike.

Im going to buy another one cuz the performance of that little green/yellow thumper is just awesome. Only had few problems like a broken bucket and a head gasket and stuff. I like this bike very much! :cry:

I would buy another KXF if the valve problem was fixed to a compelete reliable engine the bikes handling is awesome stock and even better with revalves. but i might go red on my next bike because all i have ever owned are KXs

Keeping my 04 for now as I have put money into it but seriously considering a 250 2 stroke for next year. I think I will wait for 06' models to come out to try another 4 stroke. I seriously loved the bike when it was running. I think the Yamaha is the most reliable but the dealer support in my town isn't nearly as good as the Kawi dealer IMO. Dealer support is number one on my list when deciding on a bike purchase now. :cry:

Definetely would buy another one, haven't had any valve or cooling problems at all. The handling rocks, about the only thing that I had to do was tighten spokes.

You didn't even buy your 1st one, did you tell your parents thank you.

Dirt. On a previous post you indicated you had up to 15 hours on the bike. Tough to comment on reliability with so few hours don't you think?

That post must have been months ago. I'm not so stupid that I would write the bike off from all of it's problems after 15 hours :cry: I'm up to around 40 hours since yesterday (it's raining pretty hard today) and still no problems. Yes art I did thank them however they paid for half and I paid the other half (which was still 2 grand) this only occured cuz my dad wanted me to get a 4 stroke and not a 2 stroke as I had planned. I'm glad he intervened.

Hey Kantoniak I want to ride in canada, the tracks look killer. Lucky Dog

40hrs on mine, not a single problem except a broke clutch cable. I ride the B class. If you take care of the bike,it will take care of you.

Exactly, I got 3 of them and they all run,and how the hell would you know how many hours you got on them,I just know over the year mark.