my dealer is such a rip off.

i took my bike to the dealer i bought it from so they could hopefully fix my bike for cheap or for free.

all they had to do was replace 4 spokes and then retrue my rear wheel. well the guy wanted to charge 225 DOLLARS!!!

what the heck is up with that!!!

so i found another place that will do it for 40 bucks.

but i still can't believe that. oh well never going to the dealer again.

edited to add:

It was QUINSEY KAWASAKI/SUZUKI in El Cajon, CA.

they are usually pretty cool but 225 bucks for 4 spokes. c'mon.

that's where I bought my bike...I only bought it there because they financed me. The prices there are high, and I don't feel like a respected customer there. I give them a thumbs down. On the up-side, my dad bought a klr-250 from them after I bought my bike, and they gave me $50 store credit for the referral...

i took my bike to the dealer i bought it from so they could hopefully fix my bike for cheap or for free.

all they had to do was replace 4 spokes and then retrue my rear wheel. well the guy wanted to charge 225 DOLLARS!!!

what the heck is up with that!!!

so i found another place that will do it for 40 bucks.

but i still can't believe that. oh well never going to the dealer again.

edited to add:

It was QUINSEY KAWASAKI/SUZUKI in El Cajon, CA.

they are usually pretty cool but 225 bucks for 4 spokes. c'mon.

nothing is free or cheap. especially if it involves paying a mechanic's labor rates to complete a task as tedious as spokes. think about how much time it takes to take the wheel off, tire off, replace spokes, true wheel, put tire back on and back on bike.

sounds like a hell of a lot more than $40 worth, you better make sure that that price is including labor, not just the 4 spokes

Yes, the OEM sells the spokes only in sets.. No,, the dealer should not be charging you for a full set,,if they are worth a damn. and if they do,,, they owe you the remaining spokes..

Part Number: 55320-29F00

Description: SPOKE SET,FRONT

Price: $35.65

So that would leave $189 in labor... ahhh, no... Remove wheel, remove tire,replace 4 spokes, true wheel = about 1~1.5 hours at most