Sign in to follow this  

Oil leaking after high RPM's?

Hi all,

I have about a 5 mile ride to work. If during my ride to work I wind out any gear to higher rpm the bike leaks oil wile I'm in work. If I keep the rpm's low on my ride to work there is no oil leak. Could this be from the oil being a little over full? I can't seem to see where the oil is comming from. When I get home the bottom of the bike is all damp with oil. But like I said when i keep the rpm's low the bottom of the bike stays dry. I've only seen this since the oil was changed last. Any ideas?

Thanks, Fran

maybe you got the counter shaft leak beginning, but it defintely shouldn't leak from high rpm run. I assume you havent done anything with your oil recovery system. even if it overflows, it will send it into the airboot and back through the motor, so excess oil shouldn't be able to escape that route.

is the black breather box still on it?

Yes,

I was just looking at the bike. I removed the skid plate and from the best I can tell it looks the wettest by the shifter shaft. But I still don't understand why it only leaks after higher rpm rides. After wipeing the bottom of the bike off it was still dry 2 hours later.

I'm going to take a look at all bolts, nuts and screws. But this will have to wait till this weekend as again my Wife has just explained how my motorcycles are interrupting with her plans for me... :cry:

Maybe I'm just a dummy but I've noticed the skid plate sometimes holds a little oil after an oil change and maybe the high rpms also equals higher speeds and or bike angles and the oil works itself out to where it can drip on the ground. I also thought I had an oil leak first oil change after installing the skid plate.

countershaft seal mine did the same thing. Less than $20 bucks to fix yourself.