Sign in to follow this  

anyone using hot cams?just the exhaust side

I have an 02 and a 03. Im thinking of getting an autodecomp exhaust cam from hot cams. put it in my 03 and putting my 03cam in my gf's 02. anyone running jsut the exhaust side or does everyone run the hotcams in pairs.Is there that much difference running the hotcams in pairs instead of jsut exhaust side. I would like more low end. and more over rev lol.

the stock component hotcams make what you are looking for. low to mid. It's the aftermarket valve hotcams that make the top end power. The exhaust makes good power and the intake helps make more. It also brings timing capability to the engine that lets you move the hp around as needed.

but just adding the cam without increasing the thtake and exhaust capacity wont allow the cam to make the power it's capable of.

I replaced just the intake cam on a 2003 250f with hotcam and compared to stock there was improovement in power. Howevere I just replaced both cams in my 04 250f with Hotcams and the increse in horsepower was significantly greater. Tech support at Hotcams said the power curves they show are only for both cams and they are intended to be used as a set. For $250.00 and two hours work I will always change both cams in the future. This is an extreemely easy job for the home mechanic.

I am planing on getting a new exhaust cam for my 04 wr so I can get the yzf timing. Do you sugest getting these hot cams that you are talking about instead of the stocy yzf exhaust only cam? What is a hot cam? Is it a name brand or a generic term or what? Thanks

absolutely get the hotcams cam, you'll make more power with it than the stock cam does. I have bought 2 full sets of cams (intake & exhaust) from woodwardspecialties.com on ebay for both of our yz250f's. He's cheaper than any internet store and has good delivery time as well. just watch for them as a set on there or just pick up the single exhaust cam if thats all your after.

hotcams is the manufacturer. http://www.hotcamsinc.com/