Sign in to follow this  

Double checking spoke order...

Just want to double check before I order a rear spoke/nipple set from TT that I'm getting the right thing..

Part NO. 56-702

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Catalogs.asp?pdf=WB_OR_WheelsTires&Page=27

Pretty self explanitory, I know... But... Just want to make sure... I've done dumber things before. :cry::cry:

And while we're on the subject, anyone know any good articles on lacing and truing a wheel? :cry: Don't have a spoke torque wrench.. But I DO have lots of time and patience.

Yes, stock rim stock hub. Only a few (well, like 6-7) spokes missing, but the rest are all brittle and would prefer replacing them all.

Ok, well yes, that is the right set for stock rim and hub,, Stock spoke set it $36.. some reason you want these?

Also,,,, how are you determining the spokes are brittle? No matter.. if ya wana replace um,, you've picked the right set. :cry:

Ok, well yes, that is the right set for stock rim and hub,, Stock spoke set it $36.. some reason you want these?

Also,,,, how are you determining the spokes are brittle? No matter.. if ya wana replace um,, you've picked the right set. :cry:

Really? :cry: Ronayers is showing:

Part Number: 65320-29F10

Description: SPOKE SET, RR W

Price: $70.47

What's odd though is in your post on the dealership, here in the 400 forum, shows

Part Number: 55320-29F00

Description: SPOKE SET,FRONT

Price: $35.65

When I use the microfiche at ronayers it comes up

Part Number: 55320- 36E00

Description: SPOKE SET,FRONT

Price: $64.20

:cry:

So what am I doing wrong, or are you searching bikebandit or something? :cry:

As for them being brittle, all of the nipples are showing fractures near the threads, and a few more of the spokes are showing the same at the bend near the hub. Same spokes since 2001.. and haven't exactly been on top of spoke maintenence.. I guess it's starting to catch up? :cry: Front spokes are in pristine conidition, however.

:cry:

S and E/K model spokes are different? :lol::cry:

Go check out the fiche on the E or K model, it'll come up with the higher price. :cry: :cry:

Oh well... S spokes, you're mine. :cry:

Oh,, ya,,, them must be the supor, duper heavy duty, full race spokes, made of unobtainium for the Full Race E and K DRZ's :cry:

or not :cry:

Strange,, but ya never know what you'll find until ya look. BTW,, I have 5 DRZ wheels sitting here, 2 from an S, 3 from an E,, the spokes are all the same size :cry:

Oh,, ya,,, them must be the supor, duper heavy duty, full race spokes, made of unobtainium for the Full Race E and K DRZ's :cry:

:cry: :cry:

I just always goto the E fiche, 'cause my bikes in denial will all the E parts. :cry: Good lookin' out.. You see if I didn't doubt my intelligence and make this post, I'd have just spent 20 bucks on nothin'! :lol: I needed a couple things from ranayers in the first place, now I get it all in one place. :cry: