Sign in to follow this  

Wanna See What A Really Trick DRZ Looks Like??? Pics Are Posted!!!

The rotors are stock. I don't know of any disk covers for oversized rotors.......sorry.

If I was really going to motard race this thing I would pull the cover off and run oversized rotors. I set it up motard style but it's only ridden on the street. It hasn't seen the track yet! Maybe soon! :cry:

The rotors are stock. I don't know of any disk covers for oversized rotors..........If I was really going to motard race this thing I would pull the cover off and run oversized rotors.

I suspect you'd really feel the need for a larger rotor if you did do any track riding. A fellow locally showed up with a semi motard (stock wheel sizes with smooth road style tires and rotors)at our weekly track training sessions we were lucky enough to run this summer. His wrist, fingers and forearms were KILLING him by the end of each ten minutes he spent out there. And this is a guy that can humble a sport bike during steet rides with his run deep, brake late and TURN antics. But on the track the need for such frequent hard braking takes it toll on the stock equipment really quick.

On the street I suspect you are like him and have not felt the need for more.

I sure looks like serious fun in any event. Kudos once again.

What gearing ya runnin' ?

---> "11) Sprocket Specialties 42 tooth aluminum rear sprocket. " . assume the 15 tooth was kept. :cry:

Speedo is off exactly 9mph fast with the 17's.

9 mph fast at what speed? Normally they are off by a certain percentage. Should be linear :cry:

I've tested it at 55mph and above. It stays consistantly 9mph off all the way up to 85. I haven't tried it above that speed yet. The guy at East Coast Wheels said it would be 9mph off even at over 100mph. Don't know if that's true or not.

AndrewQ is correct, the difference is not constant and will be something like a percent--unless you have a different speedo that has been calibrated for the 17's but was calibrated with a 9mph offset.

I know on my old DRZ SM the difference was noticeable; with the stock rims 140 km/h became 180 km/h with the 17's.

I've tested it at 55mph and above. It stays consistantly 9mph off all the way up to 85. I haven't tried it above that speed yet. The guy at East Coast Wheels said it would be 9mph off even at over 100mph. Don't know if that's true or not.

Not many speedos are accurate at 100mph and up anyway. But my DRZ was always 9mph over even at 102. That was downhill of course with a tail wind and a healthy fart for some extra propulsion!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wynn,

The bike looks great. Go to www.cycra.com for a motard front fender in blue!! :cry:

Looks good man, thanks again for the stock wheels, putting them

to good use. :cry:

Drop me a PM if you ever want to do a salmon falls run to pilot hill

& back. I try to get out there at least once a week.

The stock speedo is off 10% even with OEM rims by my GPS readings.

BURNED: What is the Advantage box rated at if it's not 11,000??? They told me I was buying an 11,000 rpm rev limiter. Hope I didn't get lied to.

KAWIDUAL: Glad your enjoying the wheels I sold you. I will hit you up so we can go riding real soon. Salmon falls road sounds good to me.

Take care and ride CrAzY!!! :cry:

BURNED: What is the Advantage box rated at if it's not 11,000??? They told me I was buying an 11,000 rpm rev limiter. Hope I didn't get lied to.

you did.they never claim it to be a 11k box.they claim it to be 500rpm increase.thats over a S box.so really,its a E cdi thats 10,500.the only 11k box is the yosh unit.

on a side note,a nother memeber had one and tested it on his tach and it didnt even rev to 10,500.it was never determined if it was a bad box or not.

Well, that sucks. I didn't get what I was told I was getting. I called Yosh and they said they don't sell just the box. They said you have to buy the cams and everything if you want the box. They also said their box won't work on my bike if I don't buy their complete kit. Don't know if this is true or not. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Sprocket Specialties 42 tooth aluminum rear sprocket. " . assume the 15 tooth was kept. :cry:

This is correct.......42 rear and 15 up front. :cry: