Sign in to follow this  

Finally Received my new YZ250F Dirtbike!

Well fellers,

I finally had the call from Yamaha last week that my 05 YZ250F dirtbike was in, and was ready for pick up. Man I could not get there quick enough. Anyway, I have since then had the chance to beak it in, and ride it some. Every time I even look towards the bike, a smile appears on my face. I really enjoy this bike. It's been at least 14 years since I have been on a bike, and have never owned my own my entire life (shame on me). Yes, Four strokes have evolved a long ways since then. I still think there is definatly some room however in the garage for a two stroke..... hee hee hee.

Again, way to go Yamaha with the YZ250F!

Dennis :cry:

I do not know how to post a pic using URL's?

Let me get a chance to download some on my webcite, and I'll forward the page address so you can see alot of my toys....

Dennis

Yup, I have about 8 hrs. or so on her. I'm thinking of buying that carb do hickie that gives the engine a tab more on the low end. I also need to make some carb tweeking. I think it might be on the lean side though for every once in a while when I'm putting around and then deside to throttle it up suddenly it tends to gasp and it hesitates before catching on for power. I don't feel its loaded up, for it doesn't fall on its face, or blurble like its flooded. I need to adjust the low side I think?

Dennis

put a bigger main in it, turn the fuel screw a 1/4 turn ccw, and raise the needle a notch.

All yzf's come lean for some wierd reason. It's been that way since the beginning.