Sign in to follow this  

Middle creek

Any you folks been up to Middle creek lately? Thinkin about heading up there in the next couple of weeks, never been.

Is it as good as they say?

Hey Tirebiter,

I have ridden MC many times. It does have some excellent trails there. You will be feeling it at 40-60 miles. This time of year expect very dry conditions. There are some major ruts and they are deep. If the temps aren't too high it will be great riding. Do loop 38 in a counter clockwise direction. Very nice trail. Also recommend 17-37, 10-07 and ride that all the way down till it ends, hop on the fire road and drive around until 37 - 17. Here is a pdf map: MC

Have fun!

Fryboy

Middle Creek is located on Elk Mountian Road off of Highway 20 in the town of Upper Lake, CA. Take Highway 101 North of Ukiah to Highway 20 East. Follow Highway 20 for about 25 miles to Upper Lake. Turn left at the road in between the convience store and gas station. Keep following that road till you get to the stop sign and then turn left. (Should be at the Forest Service Station). Follow Elk Mountian Road about 10 miles to Middle Creek Campground on the right, you can't miss it. (Big flat area with tables, paved roads, etc.) If I messed any directions up someone should be able to fix 'em. I'm planning on going up on the 23rd or 24th.

MC is awesoem. Was there on there last week and the dust was not that bad. Dry but the brief shower had settled the powder. Don't get me wrong, it was still dusty!