Sign in to follow this  

was ready to take the plunge

I was ready to jump on one of these bikes, actually I gave my word that I would buy one. However after reading all these post about valve issues I'm really concerned that this may not be a wise choice. Do you all think that 4200 is too much for a mint 04. The bike has changed hands twice. I'd be the third owner. This worries me.

If the valves have held together this long with no adjustments it should be okay. If it's been adjusted recently that may be bad news...

I can't tell you because I don't have the bike. By the looks of it it seems that anyone who rides these things every weekend for about a year has valve issues. I wouldn't mind terribly to have to replace a piston every couple years but they are recommend 15 hours.

If it's already changed hands twice, I would be concerned about what's wrong with it. If the valves have moved for each owner, they are going to move for you. Furthermore, no one seems to have a definite fix for the problem yet.

I bought my X in June this year, it now has 2367 miles on it, nearly all trail miles. The bike has run faultlessly and I have recommended it to all my riding buddies.

I absolutely love it and would buy another if I needed to.

Go for it!!! :cry: