Sign in to follow this  

250 EXC vs. YZ 250F

I just figured out that KTM makes a 250 four stroke and it made my day, because well it's a KTM, enough said. Anyway I was seriously considering getting a used yz250f but I was wondering what it had against a 250exc. I will be doing mostly woods riding and open pastures with the occasional day at the local MX track.

Thanx for any help or feedback.

P.S. I know a 200 2 stroke would be an awesome woods bike but I would really like a thumper.

Jake28 :cry:

I just sold my 2003 YZ 250F and recently purchased a 250EXC RFS. But I had the 351 HT kit installed in it immediately without ever having ridden the bike in stock condition. I will tell you the YZ is a lot lighter and is just a great bike all around riding on the track, trails or the flats.

On the other hand, the KTM is more plush in the ride and handles well but does not maneuver as quickly as the YZ. I would compare the YZ handling similar to that of a Porsche and the KTM's would be that of a Mercedes. The KTM 351 has plenty of power everywhere but I was somewhat suprised it did not have a hit at the high end like the YZ. I don't really ride on the track too much so I am not too worried about the weight on the KTM. The biggest advantage the KTM has is the green sticker which is needed in Cali for year round riding, electric start and the kickstand :cry: