Sign in to follow this  

My 2001 DRZ-250

I just recently bought this bike, May 2004. I only have 206 miles on it so far, because it has recently been in the 110-120 degree temperature range around here. Just last weekend I went to Gorman (CA) to go riding. I have drilled out the exhaust cap, opened the airbox, taken out the mesh screen, and I just ordered a Yoshimura full system. I was extremely pleased with this bike, considering it's at the low end of the pack (WR250F, etc). The trails out there are steep, treacherous mountain trails, and the bike easily cruises at low RPMs in 3rd gear, and pulls strong from there. I only weigh about 150 pounds, and I'm 5'9" tall, so the suspension has enough adjustment to where i can get it perfect for my height. I've heard about taking a flap out of the air boot near the intake (?) and i would like to know if there are any easy mods i can do to the bike besides those that I have done.

You can drill some holes in the airbox. I usually remove as much of the top as I can without harming anything. This is an extension of removing the snorkel.

To really get some extra grunt out of it after the Yosh system, you can upgrade from the stock TM-28P to a TM-33P carburetor.