Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF250 with JD Jet kit and DR.D Pipe

I have an 05 CRF250 With a DR.D pipe, Twin Air BF No screen, and JD jet kit. I am at about 500ft. I tried several combinations, 180 main,42 pilot, clip in 4th and 5th on red needle, 2-3 turns out. Also same combinations with a 175 main.The bike seemed to run best with 180 main, clip 5th, and 2 1/2 turns out. The thing is it still has a hesitation off the bottom and a slight flat spot in the mid range. Overall it runs much stronger and revs out great. Just wondering what you would change to get this bike to run a little crisper.

I have the same set up as you and also have been playing with the settings. I have more testing to do before making any recommendations. The main reason I bought the JD kit was I thought all the testing was already done. James: have you done any testing with the 05? If so, what works best?

I also have the same setup minus the JD kit. I dont really think its worth it. I left the jetting alone except for trying a 175 main and it rips. I just dont see why you would want to always be messing with something that works great stock, unless you have some huge elevation difference. In my oppinion work on your riding stlye if you want to go faster.

James, have you done any testing with the 05 or are you just selling the 04 kit to 05 owners? Should customers expect to do the testing after buying your kit? I already had all the jets you supplied, I thought I was buying R&D.

Twin Air BF No screen, and JD jet kit...

The bike seemed to run best with 180 main, clip 5th...

Overall it runs much stronger and revs out great.

The '05 needs the fuel screw turned further inwards to adjust for the bigger, #42 pilot jet. The '04 kit instructions were based on a #40 pilot jet and new jetting kits have a note reflecting this. Set the fuel screw at 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 turns from seated.

The CRF250R kit uses custom made needles designed around this model and the most common modifications. Most riders will not need to test different settings to have an improvement in performance. The kit needles are designed to give the 250 more torque and improved transitions between the pilot and main jet circuits.

It's difficult to predict every combination with screen/no screen, stockfilter/aftermarket, and stock pipe/aftermarket. The instructions are primarily for a stock bike, with suggestions, and parts for the most common changes.

James