Sign in to follow this  

choking prob from my dr650 in the morning.

Every morning when i rode my DR to work. It would start to choke after running for abt 1 km on the road. The engine will not response to throttle input and it will just feel like there is a lack or petrol to the carbs. After I pulled over, Give it a few hard revs. it's back to normal. I noticed brown smoke coming out from my exhaust. any suggestions? I had cleaned my tank the last few days. Did not touch the carb though. :cry:

The air filter is washed 3 months ago. looks ok to me.

the problem only occurred a month back. it started as once every few days and the frequency begins to increase. I suspect it's the petcock. When I turned it to PRI. It's ok. happens also when the fuel level is low. This morning upon arriving at my work place. I rev the engine real hard only to see flames coming out of my exhaust! :cry: I have a staintune full system. This is annoying :cry:

To add to the headaches. :cry: My friend who rode behind me today noted white smoke being blown out from my exhaust pipe when i accelerate hard. :cry: Now I suspect both the jettings and the float. :cry: