Sign in to follow this  

Z-start instalation ?

Hey, I got the Magura hydraulic clutch thinking it would help. What a big waste of money that thing was. Anyway I was thinking of getting a Z-start auto clutch and was wondering if it is easy to install for the not so mechanically inclined. I mean I can pretty much do everything outside the bike but never really been into the engine. Can anyone give me any imput on this? Also should I get the clutch overide? Is it worth the extra 100$ and also were does the overide actually mount to or go on the bike. Thanks for the info.

it is actually really easy to install. just follow the provided instructions and you'll be fine. as for the over-ride, i don't know, as i didn't see the necessity in buying one right away. i'm gonna get a left handed brake at some point, so i didn't want to have a clutch up there.

The clutch is very easy to install. The accessory clutch adjuster/override was not quite as easy and I had to call them a few times for clarification. They told me they were working on new documentation.

Easy install on both the clutch and overide. Would I buy the overide again.........not sure. I do like the fact that I can clutch it to rev the motor without finding neutral. Overall the clutch works great and makes the bike easy to ride in single track. :cry:

Thanks for the info guys. I just didn't want to spend all that money and then have to spend more to have it installed. From the sounds of it I'm going to pass go on the overide. Thanks again.

I took my time and did things nice and slow to make sure there where no mistakes made, took me about an hour and a half. I also skipped on the override but i will be ordering one in the near future!

Why you may ask? becuase if i am in first or second gear and coming down a nasty hill i don't want to hit a bump while feathering the front brake and accidently blip the throttle, Did it once and just about crapped myself :cry:. My riding style is to pull the clutch in and use my brakes, without a clutch or the external adjuster you just cant do that unless you stop at the top of the hill and put the bike in neutral! Now who wants to do that on every downhill? :cry:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I've hit the throttle accidentally in situations w/o pulling in the clutch (and I have the override) and it's scary.