Sign in to follow this  

Serious Mud

Gary here is shot of you cutting to the inside at the start of the '76 TransAMA in St. Louis. What is your advice for surviving a race like this and I am curious to know your comments and your memory of being a rider in this particular race. I attended this race and thought it was going to be impossible to run it. For a link to more shots of this race in the General Forum click on the link. web link

Seriousmud.jpg

I know i am not Gary...but as i am from England and have rode mud a bunch of times i thought i would offer you my advice.

Best advice i can give is...

1, The start is extremely important obviously if you get the holeshot you get clear vision :cry:

2, Carry a rag with you hanging out your riding pants incase you do go down you can wipe the slippy mud off your hands and grips.

3, Try not to follow the person infront as this will ruin your vision, plus if they fall your likely to fall as well.

4, Rip n roll...tear offs and roll offs in 1 GENIUS

5, Ride consistent, don't ride to hard you will fall. I have actually beaten riders who now race pro in the mud. Not because i am faster than them. It was just because i stayed upright and passed them when they fell. :cry:

Hope this helps. I know Gary will be able to help you a lot more than me but as nobody had replied i thought i would try to help