Sign in to follow this  

That's my question answered!

I had a ride on a friends XR400 today, I believe (I *hope*) it was uncorked.

I have a 250 exc KTM at the moment, and was torn between the DRZ and the XR with repect to what to get next.

The XR was "friendly and soft" which was quite nice, but it just didn't have any power. I had to REALLY pull on the bars to get a wheelie off the power in third, and then, it wasn't all that convincing. If I was trying to pull up to avoid an obstacle on a trail, I'd have been toast!

Anyway, it was "nice", easy to start, didn't seem all that heavy although maybe I was expecting a real mule.

I really hope the DRZ is (as I am told) a sharper machine with a fair bit more power. Don't get me wrong, my Katoom has plently of power, but getting it down to the ground is an art form in the conditions here in southern spain!

Put my mind at rest, the DR is a tiger to the XR's pussycat???

If it isn't, by your standards, there is plenty you can do to make it so. This board is a wealth of info about just that.

Put the HT Racing 351 kit on that 250 and you will have one of the best trail bikes going (I am assuming its the 4-stroke 250 exc not the 2-stroke exc). I have both a DRz 400 and 351 KTM and the 351 is the one I ride in the dirt.