Sign in to follow this  

Its narrowed down to a '02 TTR 250 or a '02 DRZ 250

I did a search and I have read the TTR vs DRZ posts but I am still conflicted. 2 different dealerships near me each have leftover '02s on the showroom floor. I could get the TTR for $4000 plus tax (no setup) and the DRZ for $4099 plus tax (no setup). Price wise they are close, I am sure I could get each of them talked down a little (with cash :cry:). The DRZ gets me a kickstart backup and oil cooling but it does weigh a few pounds more. I guess I do have some time to decide as they have both been on the showroom floor for 2 years. :cry: I am going to post the same message over at the TTR forum to get both sides.

I rode a TTR, and I have a DRZ. There is no comparison to how much better the DRZ is. Just do the Free Mods listed in these posts, and you have a great bike. I'd say go with the DRZ.

I rode both bikes back to back in order to decide which to buy. The DRZ was the clear winner for me. The DRZ's suspension has you aiming for the rough stuff just to enjoy the majic carpet ride. The TTR felt like it might have had a touch more HP but the DRZ's pumper carb gave better acceleration off the bottom. The TTR was taller and more top heavy. I really liked the DRZ's lower seat height. Side by side comparisons show the DR with a lot more standard goodies; especially the fully adjustable suspension.

I'm trading down from the likes of IT/YZ 490s, YZ250s, EXC 200s etc, etc; and I have a DRZ400. The DRZ250 was a screaming blast to ride in the woods. Fun, Fun, Fun. When I was on the TTR I couldn't wait to get back to the DRZ.

My friend was on his son's KTM 125SX and I was as fast, if not faster, through the woods. I pick up my DRZ250 next week and plan to compete in an enduro next month. Should be a blast.

r/s

john