Sign in to follow this  

homemade graphics *pics...?

:busted:i just got a new (used, but new to me) 01 yz250f :cry:

the plastic was kinda crapped up with scrapes and stuff, and i will replace all of it eventually, and get a premade graphics kit(once it gets warm enough again next season), but till i can afford all of that i gotta make-do. :cry:

so i put my rear fender on it from my 400 that already had a n-style rear fender kit on it.

looks cool. :lol:

now i got new rad. shrouds for it. but they're plain blue. "eligant" looking in all its yamaha-grace, but it need something. and i'm not going out the buy something till next year when i have some money saved up again (i kinda just spent what i had on the new bike :lol:)

i was thinking the n-style stock replacement graphics, unless some company comes out with something cooler looking , and under $180 like the YoT graphics cost, by then (throttle jockey's ttr125 graphics for this last year were sweet, but what's on the website now for teh yzf just kinda look like factory effex's 04 yamaha graphics. :lol:

so i'll resort to free/cheap individual stickers to form my "graphics" till then. although they won't stick well on the yzf tank (stupid gas fumes), i can still make the shrouds look cool, along with the forks, fork sliders, swingarm, etc...

:lol:

"YOUR POINT?" you ask? :cry:

:lol:

I was hoping to start a thread of pictures of sticker jobs like this (whole bike, or just parts) that might serve as inspiration to do my own (NOTE: not "to copy" :cry:, just to use for inspirational ideas :lol:)

i'll post pics of my ride as i get more on it when i get pics, but till then, lets see yours? :cry:

-racer36

Before I sold an old 125, I did up a quickie homeade graphics job to make it look fresh. The guy who bought the bike loved it. It was a $15 N-style Honda decal kit, some aluminum tape and an overlay of clear vinyl.

98_cr125_left_2.JPG

Looking at that picture....what the hell was I thinking with the red (pink) fork guards and number plate? I swear I never rode the bike like that!

check out what i ended up coming up with.

these are some stickers that sidi sent me a while back. we just cut them to fit, and they look like actual premade alpinestars graphics or something. :cry:

my web page, (2nd and 3rd pics down)

the pics of the new bike are the 2nd and 3rd pics on the page down from the top (the bike with no rider on it) :cry:

thanks for the help :cry:

-racer36 :cry:

PS i know it's # 9 on the bike. it has # 36 on it now. just haven't gotten any new pics since then. :cry::lol:

The big rolling advertisement for Rooster Performance…

YZ250f-sold-1.jpg

YZ250f-sold-2.jpg

YZ250f-sold-4.jpg

:cry:

Interesting shaped seat, why is it humped up so much in the back?

Added the hump to keep me in the pocket. It is very steep around here and this really helps.

Ride is your bike automatic?no clutch lever :cry: :cry:

Yep, Rekluse. Loved it. Got one in the Husky 450 now. :cry:

I did a home made graphics kit on my 1st bike. It cost about $12. If you call most companys, they will send you stickers for your bike for free. Maybe the same kit that costs $189 in the store to advertise for the company you paid.

honda-xr200-02-bikepics-119790.jpg

honda-xr200-02-bikepics-106405.jpg