Sign in to follow this  

new pipe want jetting advice

Hey there I will soon be buying a FMF titanium 4 muffler and stainless header I was wondering if my jetting will change from stock. 2003 klx 400r stock jetting had 3x3 but put snorkle back in because of water issues. Any help would be appreciated. 😢 :cry:

Considering the stock jetting sucks and is overly lean and now you want to add a high flow exhaust 😢.....yes re-jetting is necessary.

What water issue did you have to make you decide to put the "snorkle" back in 😢

My water issue was that it rains were I live more in one month than a lot of places in one year. So i ride in very wet conditions,puddles 50 feet long up to front fender and have had engine cough and sputter. when i open up air box there is water in it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what i should change my jetting to.i ride at sea level to 1000 feet. 😢

the snorkle is a noise supressor.it doesnt raise the fording depth of the bike.the bike sputters in water becuse the vent tubes need to be re routed. sorry,no jetting specs for a snorkel being in that was never meant to be run with.the snorkel defeats more than any gain from the pipe.

hey burned, So if the snorkle is not the reason for the sputtering what should the jetting be for the 3x3 mod, fmf pipe and sea level to 1000 feet riding conditions. Also what vents need to be moved and to where? :canada:I am from Prince Rupert B.C. fellow 😢

hey burned, So if the snorkle is not the reason for the sputtering what should the jetting be for the 3x3 mod, fmf pipe and sea level to 1000 feet riding conditions. Also what vents need to be moved and to where? :canada:I am from Prince Rupert B.C. fellow 😢

you have the off road only version yes? (in your sig, klx400r ) If so,, as was said befor.. you do not do, can not perform the 3x3 mod....as the off road model airbox is already 3x3.

Just to be clear.....what carb is on your bike? FCR39 ? or Mikuni BSR36?

you have the off road only version yes? (in your sig, klx400r ) If so,, as was said befor.. you do not do, can not perform the 3x3 mod....as the off road model airbox is already 3x3.

Just to be clear.....what carb is on your bike? FCR39 ? or Mikuni BSR36?

I have the dirt model what carb not sure. But the air box is only 3x3 IF you remove the snorkle. This is what I want to do. I will remove the snorkle once I get the new pipe. All I want to know is what jetting, needle, and fuel screw adjustments I need to make if any.