Sign in to follow this  

OT: 10 Million dollar lawsuit for not running a spark arrestor !!!

😢 :cry:...your not kidding.Read the link to the newspaper article on the bottom of the story.It says the state will try and get the funds from thier insurance company.You know what that means....this will set a presidence for the future, and will most likely mean higher premiums for us all down the road. 😢

Well now how can they be so sure that he did it? If you have ORV's in the area then what the hey lets point the finger fast! How did they pinpoint this one indivisual? Needless to say I'm putting mine back in but I think cigarette smokers pose a bigger threat to the woods than an uncorked bike. Prolly some deer hunter sitting there blazing away on the stink stick! 😢

Well now how can they be so sure that he did it? If you have ORV's in the area then what the hey lets point the finger fast! How did they pinpoint this one indivisual? Needless to say I'm putting mine back in but I think cigarette smokers pose a bigger threat to the woods than an uncorked bike. Prolly some deer hunter sitting there blazing away on the stink stick! 😢

I agree that we as bike fanatics could hardly be blamed but remeber the hunter out there smoking is heavily armed and I don't care to be packing heat when I ride so be careful of pionting that ol blame finger at hunters. I say blame cacnada south park hit thwe mark there 😢 :cry: 😢

Yeah, I'd like to know how they're going to prove that he did it...

I agree that we as bike fanatics could hardly be blamed but remeber the hunter out there smoking is heavily armed and I don't care to be packing heat when I ride so be careful of pionting that ol blame finger at hunters. I say blame cacnada south park hit thwe mark there 😢 :cry: 😢

Ya i know but It's just that every time someone points the finger at hell raising satanic ORV's it's like all the tree huggers come out and say " see we told you those things are evil" But you take a natural situation like static electricity or lighting and they don't say a dam word about nothing! they just shrug it off and say oh this has been happening like that for thousands of years, it's part of natural selection!Now this kids life is over and he will prolly spend the rest of his days in hiding! And he may not have even caused the problem! 😢

ok i don't hunt but ... the fastest way to let every deer in the valley that your ther eis to fire up a stink stick. A real Hunter wouldn't be out there choking on a cancer stick ... at least that what most of the real Hunters I know tell me.

btw i'd still like to know how they know it was the bike that did it. I've never seen a spark come out of a bikes exhuast pipe in my entire life.

This sounds like a good case for those myth buster guys

🤣😢 :jawdrop:10 Million 😢 :cry:

I would just say that i bought the bike with that pipe 😢, by the way dose my yoshimura have one 😢

He admitted he dumped the bike and started the fire.

The part that could be scary is if they blame the lack of spark arrester that's one thing but if they blame the dumping of a bike that could open a whole can of worms for all of us!!

I think the whole point of the matter is being missed here. When required by law why would you remove or ride without a spark arrestor. I have seen sparks fly from an uncorked exhaust in the dark. The spark arrester is there for a reason....use it. I am by far not a tree hugger as i have worked in heavy consstruction/logging/forestry. We had stringent guidleines to follow and did so. Following the rules eliminates the liability in these "it will never happen" situations.

Hmmmm, 18 year old on a dirt bike, gets sued for 10 million. IF he has an insurance company, they have a maximum that they can pay. Most insurance policies have a limit that they will pay for a claim. Usually 25 or 50k or so. Which means that is what they will settle for, or get nothing. Not enough money to effect our insurance rates any more than any other serious accident would. If the state tries to collect the full 10 million from him, and he has any brains, he will file chapter 7 bankruptcy, discharge the debt (ie not pay it legally) and 7 years later he can have perfect credit, and live a normal life. Our country RULES! (really, I am honestly proud to live in a country where you can f$%! something up so badly, and still have the oppurtunity for a fresh start). Those people are threatening to sue just to scare people, which will not hurt. But, I am sure the kid will be ok. 😢 :cry: